Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it seems official now

Seen on the news last night where all the talking heads say an announcement is forth coming today verifying Billy Clyde's departure. For some reason some of the UK people are convinced they all but have Billy Donovan on a plane to Lexington, hmm, I'm not so sure about that one. Guys I'm not saying this is a bad move but I do think the guy should have been at least allowed to right his ways and tow the line so to speak.

Did they even meet with the guy, or are they just giving him the heeve?
    Does this hurt recruiting?
    How long before MOST coaches say thanks but no thanks to that job?

Like I've said before Billy's coaching style has never impressed me and I think he was hired to quickly and no real thought was put into, to which Mitch Barnyard has taken ZERO responsibility for. But with that ego he's got I'm not at all surprised. Some are saying John Calipari, I sure hope you guys don't end up with that cry baby, what a wimp!
    Last edited by mhall; 03-27-2009 at 06:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Well, it seems official now

This is more exciting than the season itself! Last time I heard Billy D. was on his way, Pitino would be the one and that Calipari was waiting to see if any of these guys turned the job down. Oh yeah I heard that Tom Izzo was a possibility back then as well. Then we hear most if not all of then said that the position of head coach at UK would be a tough position....no thanks.

I think if Billy G. is gone it would be a mistake for the University he should get at least 3-4 years so he could get some of his recruits in here and get them into the system. I too was wondering how the recruiting would be hurt. I think it would.

Mitch is starting to get some heat on the talk radio scene and it's about time.

Post Thanks / Like

I typically stay out of all topics when it comes to ball sports, baseball, basketball, football and at all levels, pro, collegiate, etc...mainly because I think all of these sports are a waste of time...at least they're a waste of time for me personally to sit down and watch. I know what you're thinking: "Dang Chub, ya ain't from around here are ya?!" Heck I ain't got time anyway...but hey, this is all just my own opinion. Anyway..judging from what I just wrote above you all can tell I know absolutely nothing about sports...but it sure does seem to me like this Kentucky Coach hasn't been around very long at all...in fact I'm wondering if his brief stay is one of the shortest in College basketball history? Was he really that bad? What did he do that was so incredibly wrong that has given him the boot so quickly? Sounds like poor sportsmanship from more than one individual to me.

Post Thanks / Like

If I was Billy G and this happened I'd take my 6 million and sprint towards retirement and the bank. Then watch out as it would be coke and hot chicks at the penthouse suite.............

And then a E "true hollywood story about 15 years later.

Post Thanks / Like

I bet Travis Ford is announced as the new coach early next week.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll bet Billy Donovan. Lets say a cold one and a fishing trip is on the line we can hook up sometime this Summer?

Post Thanks / Like

The real question is when do we get rid of that incompetent AD who screwed this whole thing up from the beginning and has handled the last month or so completely pathetically??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I'll bet Billy Donovan. Lets say a cold one and a fishing trip is on the line we can hook up sometime this Summer?

A cold one and a fishing trip? Dang I am in and don't care if I lose this one, because I win either way lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    A cold one and a fishing trip? Dang I am in and don't care if I lose this one, because I win either way lol!
    Billy D is on his way to lex.