Search Fishin.com

Thread: Fishfinder help

Post Thanks / Like

Fishfinder help

I am looking for a decent fishfinder, since my old one is just that...old, I havent ever really had to buy one they have just been on the old boats I buy. I mainly fish the Ohio river and a few smaller lakes in search of shad for whites, stripes and cats, and when I want a smallie I head out on the creeks so no finder needed there. I have a budget of up to $400 and would consider a good used one or obviously a new one. I have heard good things about Lowrance....any help from the gurus would be appeciated!!!

Thanks
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fishfinder help

Well there is many good names in fish finders some of them are lowrance hummingbird and eagle which is made by lowrance. So if your budget is 400 dollars i would look into getting a sight immaging sonar fish finder. Like a Lowrance x135Power pro sonar fishfinder or a lowrance x510c full sized color sonar fishfinder also an eagle fishmark 500c color sonar fishfinder.

I hope this helps but like i said lowrance is the best but eagle is made by lowrance so they are also very good and so is hummingbird.

So good luck on the purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fishfinder help

Quote Originally Posted by ky.jonboatfisher View Post
    Well there is many good names in fish finders some of them are lowrance hummingbird and eagle which is made by lowrance. So if your budget is 400 dollars i would look into getting a sight immaging sonar fish finder. Like a Lowrance x135Power pro sonar fishfinder or a lowrance x510c full sized color sonar fishfinder also an eagle fishmark 500c color sonar fishfinder.

I hope this helps but like i said lowrance is the best but eagle is made by lowrance so they are also very good and so is hummingbird.

So good luck on the purchase.
    I agree, however i think the eagle 500c is only 1200 watts of power, could be mistaken. I just bought the lowrance x510c and fished with it for the first time today. I was very impressed. At bps you can get it for around $370, it is on sale. The lowrance model has 2400 watts of power. Let me know if you have specific questions about the lowrance unit and i will help as much as i can.