Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cal to UK?

Post Thanks / Like

Cal to UK?

Sounds like it could happen and very soon. They are reporting that he met with UK yesterday and met with memphis officials today. They also reported that he met with his players and they are convinced that he is taking the UK job.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cal to UK?

Well I guess I can add to the fire, lol. Personally I think he's a good coach not a great one and I can't stand the man as a person, he cries like a teenage girl about everything. I wish John Chaney would have punched him in the mouth several years ago. Chaney was fixing to go old school on his pretty hair do when they had to pull the old Owl off of him. Calipari was SKEERED to I seen him and he was SKEERED!

I will say this though he can flat recruit. I don't know what he says to 5 star players but they flock to him. At least they did at Memphis, at UK we'll see probably but we'll see.
    Last edited by mhall; 03-30-2009 at 02:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

He sure has done well in his weak Conference maybe it's time to hit the big SEC which will be coming back very soon. I never liked him but he keeps his players in shape and they flat can wear another team out with their defense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    He sure has done well in his weak Conference maybe it's time to hit the big SEC which will be coming back very soon. I never liked him but he keeps his players in shape and they flat can wear another team out with their defense.
    They do play some tanious D.

Post Thanks / Like

I will say this about him....he can coach and he can recruit.

I think he is a greasy slime ball and do not like him at all, but he will probably turn UK around. Now, if anybody wants to check, he never won a Conference USA title when Louisville, Cincy and Marquette were in the league and only started the Memphis domination after thse three school had left for the Big East. I still maintain that he is an NCAA infraction waiting to happen, he has already been stripped of the 1996 Final Four.

BTW, if John Chaney and Calipari got in a fight I would pray for them to both lose!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tim_T View Post
    I will say this about him....he can coach and he can recruit.

I think he is a greasy slime ball and do not like him at all, but he will probably turn UK around. Now, if anybody wants to check, he never won a Conference USA title when Louisville, Cincy and Marquette were in the league and only started the Memphis domination after thse three school had left for the Big East. I still maintain that he is an NCAA infraction waiting to happen, he has already been stripped of the 1996 Final Four.

BTW, if John Chaney and Calipari got in a fight I would pray for them to both lose!
    He has that greasy used car salesman look doesn't he. I don't trust him either and I totally agree about the other teams leaving and him doing so much better. Now last year he had a serious team! Cannot deny a final game appearance and a tough game against Kansas.

Post Thanks / Like

You are right DJD, they realy should have one it all last season. They definitely had the title game wrapped up. I hear there are still most wanted posters out in memphis of Mario Chalmers.

Post Thanks / Like

I think he and Ricky P have the same barber....I just hope he brings all these big name recruits to the cats....we've had enough bad seasons in a row and its time to turn things around...does he remind anybody else a lot of billy g?

GO CATS

Post Thanks / Like

He doesn't remind me of Billy Clyde, because he loves the spotlight. The pressure of coaching UK will not get to Calipari.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally the program can take a sigh of relief. I think he will do well here. Yes he is a little shady but who isn't in college sports.
    I think it's a great move for both, and totally agree with you guys on the Conf USA wins.

Stoner

I still would have considered Izzo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stoner View Post
    Finally the program can take a sigh of relief. I think he will do well here. Yes he is a little shady but who isn't in college sports.
    I think it's a great move for both, and totally agree with you guys on the Conf USA wins.

Stoner

I still would have considered Izzo.
    I would like Izzo too. However, I really like Calipari. I wanted him here two years ago. He draws in big recruits, he has demonstrated the ability to run a successful program, maintain a successful program, as well as the ability to turn a struggling program around. I think the recruits teetering on committing to UK will send there letters in as soon as this is official. I think of our options out there now - he is our best choice.

I hope I don't get jumped on Beal street, wearing my UK hat.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone heard the terms of the proposed contract? I just read $40 Million for 6 years? Is that possible??