Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

crappie on taylorsville

does anyone kknow how the crappie are doing on taylorsville? Are they biting yet, also what kinda shape is the lake in? thanks
    chris

Post Thanks / Like

Re: crappie on taylorsville

I am clueless about crappie. (wish i wasn't). But last Thursday 3-26 we went and Salt River/Van Buran 54-55. Lake was 57. Water was pretty standard Tville in clarity except where the river was coming in.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: crappie on taylorsville

It's been real slow lately.
    Should pick up a lot in the next week or so.

I'm worried the crappie numbers are down for that lake right now.
    Most everything I've caught in the past year has been good size,
    very few little ones, which makes me wonder if the previous spawns
    were not good ones. I caught a 14" one a week ago, but it
    was real slow and I didn't get many to go with him.

Post Thanks / Like

I also caught 1 14" crappie about 2 weeks ago but it was the only crappie. Caught some litte bass and a few little bluegill. I haven't heard anything good about the crappie fishing at Taylorsville but I will be trying it the next few weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

I was at Taylorsville today trying out some props and everyone I talked to have 4-5 crappie today, one guy said he caught 24 one day last week and 34 one day two weeks ago. Water on mainlake looked pretty good 55 degrees and creeks were stained up some.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the responses guys and going to try and go this weekend will let yall know how I do.
    chris

Post Thanks / Like

The crappie have been biting at Taylorsville. I have been catching them the last two times I have been there. I have had to locate the fish both times I have went. Its not been easy as in just fishing tree's close to the bank in shallower water. I was up there last Saturday which was the 28th and caught my limit but they were all in deep water. I was catching male blacks and pretty good ones at that still staged at the mouth of one of the bigger creeks which means the best is still not here yet. I did catch some about halfway back in the middle of one of the larger creeks staged on the trees but the best of the bite was out at the mouth. I caught them on tube jigs and some on minnows. Hope that helps!! Good Luck!!

Post Thanks / Like

I was there again today and only had one keeper, I gave it to an old man at the ramp that had 10. I caught mine on minnows, no bites on jig. The old man said his where all on jigs 5 ft. deep and sometimes fishing in 6 ft. of water. He also said he couldnt find anything in clean water, he had to go to dirty water to catch anything.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses, I may get to give it a try the next few days and now I have some idea of what I'm doing. I'll post some results if I make it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from the big muddy. I had my three boys with me and we struck out. Part of that could have been dealing with an overly tired 3 year old. We marked lots of fish anywhere from 8 to 18 feet. However, we were unsuccessful with minnows, jigs, and nightcrawlers. (I thought about dynamite). Then a storm moved in and we got off the water quickly. Talked to someone at the ramp who had caught 10 though. Also saw someone reel one in from the bank as we pulled off. Go figure. Good thing there is always tomorrow! Water temps: 53 - 55 in the main lake. As high as 58 in the really shallow areas. Most coves we were in seemed to be about 55 to 56. Hope this helps.