Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cedar Creek Boating Issues

If you have a boating issue on Cedar Creek Lake in relation to the lack of boating safety, call Rick Muse, 606-669-2377.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cedar Creek Boating Issues

I could make a call everytime I go out. I get so mad at all these guys going as fast as they can with there big mercurys. I feel like going over to them and saying yeah you have a fast boat, you don't have to show it. It's getting absolutely ridiculous and I hope they put a speed restriction on it.

Post Thanks / Like

isnt there already a horsepower restriction on this lake.... i quit going to cedar creek because there is just way to many people down there on that lake...

Post Thanks / Like

It gets beat up and thrashed every weekend......

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Re: Cedar Creek Boating Issues

I love this lake, but it needs some attention by the K.D.F.W. for the guys hitting seventy-miles per hour and the guys taking the short fish out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappiecrazy fireman View Post
    I could make a call everytime I go out. I get so mad at all these guys going as fast as they can with there big mercurys. I feel like going over to them and saying yeah you have a fast boat, you don't have to show it. It's getting absolutely ridiculous and I hope they put a speed restriction on it.
    I agree 100%. There are very few people with common courtesy on this lake. I am all for idle speed only. If they want to run their boats up and down the lake all day long, then they should head to Cumberland, Green River, or any of the larger lakes. Also, it's not only the big rigs that will wash you off a spot, but there are also plenty of 20hp boats throwing out big wakes. People only think about theirselves and have no respect for anyone else. It's only around 800 acres, you can troll all over the lake with no trouble at all. Besides, there is no chance that you are going to fish a spot that has been hit at least a hundred times that day. What the hecks the hurry anyway?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 12VoltMan View Post
    I love this lake, but it needs some attention by the K.D.F.W. for the guys hitting seventy-miles per hour and the guys taking the short fish out of it.
    I totally agree with you there......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MSD View Post
    I agree 100%. There are very few people with common courtesy on this lake. I am all for idle speed only. If they want to run their boats up and down the lake all day long, then they should head to Cumberland, Green River, or any of the larger lakes. Also, it's not only the big rigs that will wash you off a spot, but there are also plenty of 20hp boats throwing out big wakes. People only think about theirselves and have no respect for anyone else. It's only around 800 acres, you can troll all over the lake with no trouble at all. Besides, there is no chance that you are going to fish a spot that has been hit at least a hundred times that day. What the hecks the hurry anyway?
    Good points made in your post.

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be glad when they put speed limits on all lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there just too many boats flying back and forth on that lake? It really does not bother me personaly when a boat goes by at 70mph, he is kicking up less wake than the 5 hp johnboat that just went by. But that really doesnt bother me either.

It does get really anoying when your trying to fish your favorite water and the fishing pressure increases every year making it harder and harder to catch the fish you used to. This happens way too often when the word gets out about a great fishery, but its the nature of the beast.

For small impoundments like cedar creek it wont take long before it turns into a guist creek with all the fishing pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bonefish View Post
    If you have a boating issue on Cedar Creek Lake in relation to the lack of boating safety, call Rick Muse, 606-669-2377.
    Who is Rick Muse?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wormin View Post
    Who is Rick Muse?
    Hey man you have a pm: