Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Why you msut always be careful what you say

When U of L hired Rick Pitino I found this quote:

"In order for Louisville to get Rick Pitino, they had to buy him," Ivy said. "You don't have to buy a coach at the University of Kentucky."

Larry Ivy, UK Athletic Director, May 6, 2001

Pretty funny to think of now that his former employer just signed a coach with mediocre credintials as the highest paid in history.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why you msut always be careful what you say

The College Sports world has become such a Monster and I think that any big name coach is bought.JMO, If not they would stay employed at their present job.

I don't think he will be the highest paid after Pitino, Donovan and Bill Self get their contracts renewed. These guys have so much leverage that in order to keep them they will have to be bought or paid to stay. Heck, it might be naming something after him at the University or whatever but their Ego's will have to be stroked if money won't do it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    The College Sports world has become such a Monster and I think that any big name coach is bought.JMO, If not they would stay employed at their present job.

I don't think he will be the highest paid after Pitino, Donovan and Bill Self get their contracts renewed. These guys have so much leverage that in order to keep them they will have to be bought or paid to stay. Heck, it might be naming something after him at the University or whatever but their Ego's will have to be stroked if money won't do it.
    Fox Sports Radio was reporting yesterday that Memphis is trying to get Bruce Pearl from Tennessee with an offer that would make him the second highest paid coach in the country. Are these people serious? What has Pearl done? Oh yeah, he took UT to the Sweet 16 last season and lost by 16 points to U of L.

Pitino, Roy Williams, coach K, Bill Self, Tom Izzo all these guys need a raise, they have all done more than Worldwide Wes's buddy Calipari.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I heard that about Coach Pearl. Man I don't see it do you? He is so fanatical about that Tenn. orange.
    I always liked him but I guess if Tenn wants a real in -state rivalry then this move could fuel the flames!