Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Aluminum boat help

need help choosing which aluminum boat would be best choice for all round fishing.best for stability,room ,casting decks,storage etc.not into the speed thing.i think i have outgrown my old boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aluminum boat help

hey man...give me a Private message...might be able to help you out..warren

Post Thanks / Like

I would stay away from a rivetted alluminum boat if possible, unless you are looking at the high end of that style (Lund). They will all usually leak at some time, to some degree, some may not be as bad as others.

The newer (last 9 years or so) of all-weld are great. My dad recently got a G3 and it is one of the nicest tin boats I have been in. I really like it. Trackers are also nice, as are the triton alluminums. They are all around the same price range. They all are not as stabe to fish out of as a glass boat, however, they definitely have thier advantages - Towing, gas, not near as stressful on you in skinny water, and float higher.

One of the biggest improvements in the more recent Alluminums (aside from the all-weld seamless hull) is the design in terms of weight distribution. I would look for one that the gas tanks are not right up against the transom - it will plane out much better).

If you were planning on fishing bigger lakes (KY, barkley, Dale, or Cumberland) I would look at a deeper v boat - much more stable. But if you are going to be fishing mch river stuff - I wouldn't go that route and get a smaller or at least a moderate V boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Check out the Lowe boats, the stinger series is very nice.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish out of a 17 1/2' Lowe aluminum, and have for a number of years. If I had to buy another one, it would be an Xpress or G3. Both very good boats but the Xpress is a very good high performance aluminum.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a deep V proguide tracker ive been very pleased over all. its allweld, stable,roomy,handles waves good do to the deepV,easy on gas came with a 50hp, just a all around good multi species boat ive owned it now for 6 yrs and have had no trouble its been a good bang for the buck.

Post Thanks / Like

WELL ALUMINUM FOR SURE HAS IT'S ADVANTAGES, THE ELITE SERIES AND HOMETOWN FAVORITE WON A $100,000 OUT OF AN ALUMINUM JON BOAT LAST WEEKEND. i HAVE A BASS TRACKER PRO TEAM 175, AND YOU CAN SHOP AROUND, BUT YOU GET MORE SQUARE FOOTAGE WITH A TRACKER THAN ANY OTHER ALUMINUM BOAT, COMPARE EVERYTHING AND THE TRACKER HAS MORE TO OFFER THAN ANY OTHER ALUMINUM BOAT......17'10, 88 BEAM, NOBODY WILL BEAT THAT FOR $13,000

Post Thanks / Like

I like my Triton. No wood to rot out! Easy on fuel.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been studying them Triton, Lowe no wood will not rot. Tracker has wooden decks, so does G3 I really like triton v19 with 90 horse, they are roughly the same price I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

The Lund Pro-v would be my choice for a all around fishing boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob46 View Post
    I have been studying them Triton, Lowe no wood will not rot. Tracker has wooden decks, so does G3 I really like triton v19 with 90 horse, they are roughly the same price I believe.
    Im not sure the newer trackers have wooden decks. But anyway the deck is a lifetime warranty

Post Thanks / Like

Hey i have a smokercraft and it a real good all around boat. Another thing do any of you on hear have a aluminum bass boat and run on place like dale, ky, barkley, cumberland esp. when the wind gets bad how are they. Im fixen to trade boats and i like the g3 and xpress boat but i just dont know any one who has one and ran on big watter. thanks.