Search Fishin.com

Thread: GPS Units

Post Thanks / Like

GPS Units

I am looking for recommendations on a GPS unit. Is a portable one available that can used both in a vehicle and boat? Any recommendations on brand and a reasonable price?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GPS Units

Lowrance has a unit called the XOG. It gives both verbal "road" directions and can accept Lowrance or navionics chips for boat use. Cabelas has them on sale for $149. Only downside is that the battery life is only about two hours, but as long as you have a cigarette lighter on you boat, no problem. I did alot of research before I bought mine, and this was the only one that did everything I wanted.

Post Thanks / Like

lowrance has a hand held gps called the i finder h20 and when you buy the hot maps chip it will show road maps and lakes and they also have a mount just for that unit. i think it runs 164.00 for the black and white and 264.00 for the color.

Post Thanks / Like

I use my Lowrance 5200c in my boat and truck. I had a bracket made to enclose the wires attached a RAM Mount and takes about 3 minutes to remove from boat to truck...Works perfect.....

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the feedback! It appears either the Lowrance XOG or iFinderH20 will fit my budget. Right now I am leaning towards the XOG as Bass Pro has them for $159 including a suction cup mounting bracket and accessory power plug/charger cable which I am assuming replaces the battery requirement of the iFinder unit. Are there any other options to consider? Given the choice of downloadable lake maps available, which ones are preferable - Lowrance's, Navionics?

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Lowrange H2O and it loses it Fix a lot, and sometimes it just can,t get it back for as long as an 1/2 hr. I,ll played with it this week, through it maybe mess up, driving from work, and it's doing good. Got me puzzled.Some one told me they have to calibrate their.I'll lost my book and if I do I don't know how.