Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Carolina spanks Michigan St.

Man Carolina looked like the team everybody thought they would be. Impressive. Michigan St. didn't look bad, just were just outclassed on the court tonight. Congrats to UNC and Roy Williams.

Michigan St. has most of that team back next season and will be a force to be reckoned with.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carolina spanks Michigan St.

Michigan State has no reason to hang their heads at all after that game...They did their best and UNC was the better team. Yes at least one Big Ten Team should be in the Top 5 if not the Top Team next Pre-Season.

Post Thanks / Like

Like I said in the other thread, Blow out city. Another blow out title game whah whah, what's new. Guess who gets the number one recruiting class next year, yea you guessed it North Carolina. Williams is gonna return the Heels to dominance I'm afraid. Michigan State is not even in the same league that got spanked like a borrowed mule. I guess Izzo couldn't find enough help elsewhere with a game plan for Carolina, LOL.

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt that was a spanking! I didn't want the Spartans to win and enjoyed the show!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Like I said in the other thread, Blow out city. Another blow out title game whah whah, what's new. Guess who gets the number one recruiting class next year, yea you guessed it North Carolina. Williams is gonna return the Heels to dominance I'm afraid. Michigan State is not even in the same league that got spanked like a borrowed mule. I guess Izzo couldn't find enough help elsewhere with a game plan for Carolina, LOL.
    Yeah, UNC has four McDonald's All-Americans coming in, that is sick. I always thought Dean Smith was overrated. He always had good teams, but he underachieved with them. Kind of funny to think that Roy Williams has the Tar Heel coach for 6 years and has already won two titles and it looks like there will be more two come. He is already tied with Dean in championships.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Williams as a coach and a person. He is total class with his approach and philosphy to the game. He went easy on Izzo bigtime, they could have beat State by 30 plus easy. Mich State had a nice run but they were not the best team to face Carolina. I can think of maybe 6 to 8 teams that would have gave the Heels a better game. Williams can flat out coach and his displine of players and the type of five star kids he's getting is just off the charts. Get use to it fellas Carolina is here to stay for awhile and Williams is going no where soon. lol. Ky fans hate Carolina becaus they are passing all their records, give it a few more years and Ky will be way behind, sorry guys.

Post Thanks / Like

I would like to see anyone surpass UCLA! If they have to go through KY to get there then so be it. I hate the West Coast Programs!! Even Pro Sports....

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is going to be difficult to pass UCLA. Ben Howland has already been to three Final fours in only four or five years. I expect him to eventually notch title Number 12 in the future. UCLA is the only West Coast team I like to watch because they get after you on defense. Of course, Howland brings that tough nose, physical style to the Pac 10 from his Big East days lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I would like to see anyone surpass UCLA! If they have to go through KY to get there then so be it. I hate the West Coast Programs!! Even Pro Sports....
    Don I agree mostly but you have to love ''The Wizard Of Westwood''. John Wooden is quite possible the greatest coach to ever live and certainly one of the finest people.

I still love to hear the story of Bill Walton telling coach he wasn't gonna cut his hair at which time Wooden told him he would be missed from the team and to have a nice life and good luck. Next day at practice Walton showed up sporting a shaved Doo. The man was all that and a bag of chips and won 7 National Campionships in a ROW, WHAT, unreal. Denny Crum has been qouted many times at saying Wooden was the wisest person he had ever met in his life. I have ALOT of respect for Coach Wooden, and yes Mills he was a Indiana farm boy to that made good.

Post Thanks / Like

Dooh! I guess I should have said most things from the West Coast. You can't dismiss that kind of success or the accolades he receives.....

Post Thanks / Like

glad I didn't stay up to watch it.................

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psprowler View Post
    glad I didn't stay up to watch it.................
    You didn't miss squat prowler, just another National Championship blowout, what's new. At least last year was thrilling I guess.