Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Question Floating Hazzards!

How is running Barkley? Is there much floating in the channel?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Floating Hazzards!

lots of debris down south..talking huge trees...and the current was wild on sunday

Post Thanks / Like

This time of year when the water is first being brough up Barkley is usually littered with all kinds of debris, especially when it comes up fast. I have seen everything from entire trees, rail road ties, to broken off sections of docks. With all of the downed trees from the ice storm, it surely isn't any better than normal. I would just use caution, and keep your eyes glued to the water and off of the GPS.

Post Thanks / Like

How long does it normally take for that too clear out

Post Thanks / Like

Fished BFL there Sat. and went past Bumpus Mills. Lots of small stuff starting just past Devils Elbow and some bigger stuff further down. Still navigable though.

Post Thanks / Like

With all the barge movment i would think all the big stuff would get pushed too the sides.Just my thought.Be safe even Barren was full of crap sat.Terry Adolph

Post Thanks / Like

They blew the lakes up so fast the last week or so and now are trying to draw them down a bit is making it even worse than normal. Saw more evidence of floaters coming when I left on Sunday. Gonna get worse before it gets better. Also noticed a couple of times where Red channel marker bouys were missing than where they are usually and one spot where there was 2 greens sitting side by side with a red to the east of both of them. Wonder where this extra green bouy came from. Not to mention red channel bouys up on the bank in barkley and a couple more bigger bouys in the back yards of peoples houses had to come from somewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by elnutsmalljaws View Post
    They blew the lakes up so fast the last week or so and now are trying to draw them down a bit is making it even worse than normal. Saw more evidence of floaters coming when I left on Sunday. Gonna get worse before it gets better. Also noticed a couple of times where Red channel marker bouys were missing than where they are usually and one spot where there was 2 greens sitting side by side with a red to the east of both of them. Wonder where this extra green bouy came from. Not to mention red channel bouys up on the bank in barkley and a couple more bigger bouys in the back yards of peoples houses had to come from somewhere.
    I also noticed the floaters past Donaldson........

We were fishing there Sunday, and the current was strong, and lots of floaters.

We didn't make it too much out of the Donaldson area. Bottom Line......BE CAREFUL.

Also, I noticed a lot of marker bouys missing around that area.

Later,

Geo