Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Need help picking a lake

Things didn't work out in Tennessee (never even got to fish), so going to a lake here in Indiana. Need help picking out somewhere to fish tho. Will be renting a boat and going out for 1 day. Thinking about going to Patoka, but not sure. Looking mostly for BASS and some crappie. Prolly going to S. Indiana. If anyone can give me some advice, would be great. And if you tell me a lake, please tell me what the water/fishing is like right now. Looking at going maybe in 1 1/2 - 2 weeks from today. Thanks for any help. Never really been down there for fishing. Just got back into it last year. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help picking a lake

Will you be renting a boat at the lake? That would probably limit it to patoka and monroe and either one would be great. If not tho id say dogwood, its my favorite lake to fish in april; one of the better sight fishing lakes in southern indiana, im gona try to make it up there next weekend. Its 10hp limit tho.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help picking a lake

I would look at Giest and give JCC bassmasters a call to see if you could ride along at their Giest Tournament on April 18th. Giest has been really on fire since Mid-March and it's closer to Muncie (if that's where your from). Downside is there is no boat rental. The upside is you'll probably be fishing woth someone who has a great rig and some lake knowledge. Another club to look at would be the White River Bass Masters. Have a look at their schedules. Club Fishin is a lot of fun, you get to meet a lot of guys and pick up a lot of good techniques and knowledge. It also gives you a schedule to go fishing and sort of froces you out instead of waiting for that perfect day that never comes.

http://www.jccbassmasters.com/
    http://www.whiteriverbass.com/
    Last edited by billm_usa1; 04-10-2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: spelling