Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: kincaid report 18'6" rule ???

Quote Originally Posted by bob46 View Post
    Heck like I said he might have had a bad day, if I do something wrong I expect no mercy if I know what Im doing is wrong. My brother in law has a 22 foot skeeter, and has fished that lake for 20 some odd years, know you are telling me he is going to have to buy a small boat. He uses his trolling motor to propel the boat. I have been washed ashore by some of those 9.9 motors at full speed leaving a wake larger than a 22 foot skeeter at ideling speed can somebody answer the queation why you cannot idle your motor if you are not kicking out a wake.
    Its all about the guys an fast idle,s-- A big old bass boat puts out a darn big wake on fast idle

Post Thanks / Like

Like what was posted earlier, there are a few bad apples in a group that gives the group as a whole a bad name. We have had the same problem with getting the local "Squirrel Police" to take care of a trespassing problem on our hunting property. First, called the Poaching 25-Alert and they did'nt even have the correct number for the Warden in our area. Secondly, got a hold of the Warden for our area and basically got the run around from him. Finally got results when we contacted KSP. It seems there is more focus on the waterways than on land based hunting. My thoughts go hand in hand with probably the greatest outdoorsman/conservationist in our region, Jim Dicken, on the issues with KFWDR.

Post Thanks / Like

these folks are out here to PROTECT US FROM HARM and KEEP US SAFE I would like to say THANK YOU SIR/MAAM. (Just my opinion)

Post Thanks / Like

colonel meyer... i am glad that i got to read your stump speech and no they arent hiring i have been taking tests and stuff since feb and all i am almost at home plate.... but some people like have said in many posts before dont understand that this is a one man show for just about everycounty and they honestly cannot answer everyones call.... i had to answer that question in the interview.... how would u decide to answer these calls and i had to list em but some of the things jim said about the coast guard training was all wrong... when i become a kyfw officer i will be REQUIRED to spend atleast 400 hours a year on the water in order for the state to keep their coast guard grant... but as for everyone else that has a problem with the some officers is jsut follow the rules and understand that they stay reallllly busy...

Post Thanks / Like

Darn!

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 21' Astro -

I live in close proximity to Elmer, Kinkaid, Boltz, Corinth. I love to fish Elmer Davis and was not aware of the 18'6" rule until dabassking (my Son) read this thread.

If we abide by all the rules, then we as tax payers w/ a boat bigger than 18'6" legally still can not fish these waters. I think this law has been around a long time and needs to be changed.

I personally have not had an issue to date. I have been stopped and checked several times while on the water. Have been very respectful and got the same in return.

DOES ANYONE THINK THAT WE (AS A GROUP), (IN THE APROPRIATE MANNER) COULD GET THIS OUTDATED LAW CHANGED.

I don't like ldleing around a decent size body of water, but I do.
    I don't really have an issue with that law. Safety is the reason for that law.

But to not be able to fish a body of water because your boat is too big is just not right.

I love to fish these smaller lakes. 1) they are close 2) I have an excuse not to burn 18 gal of gas running the 200. 3) Even I can catch fish in these waters 4) I don't have to worry about the jet skis and ski boats.

I am really bothered by this law.

I am going to try and contact the approprate governing body and see what it will take to get this 18' 6" law changed.

Very Disturbed
    BB1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaBass1 View Post
    I have a 21' Astro -

I live in close proximity to Elmer, Kinkaid, Boltz, Corinth. I love to fish Elmer Davis and was not aware of the 18'6" rule until dabassking (my Son) read this thread.

If we abide by all the rules, then we as tax payers w/ a boat bigger than 18'6" legally still can not fish these waters. I think this law has been around a long time and needs to be changed.

I personally have not had an issue to date. I have been stopped and checked several times while on the water. Have been very respectful and got the same in return.

DOES ANYONE THINK THAT WE (AS A GROUP), (IN THE APROPRIATE MANNER) COULD GET THIS OUTDATED LAW CHANGED.

I don't like ldleing around a decent size body of water, but I do.
    I don't really have an issue with that law. Safety is the reason for that law.

But to not be able to fish a body of water because your boat is too big is just not right.

I love to fish these smaller lakes. 1) they are close 2) I have an excuse not to burn 18 gal of gas running the 200. 3) Even I can catch fish in these waters 4) I don't have to worry about the jet skis and ski boats.

I am really bothered by this law.

I am going to try and contact the approprate governing body and see what it will take to get this 18' 6" law changed.

Very Disturbed
    BB1
    man i really started something didn't i

Post Thanks / Like

There are lakes that will not allow you to even have a gas motor on your boat, even if you just use your trolling motor that are maintained with tax payer dollars. Shouldn't those be opened up to everyone too? It is not practical to unhook my outboard when i want to fish them.

Post Thanks / Like

i feel there needs to be a change as well. i used to fish beaver lake three times a week and after going throuh several trolling batteries i strated fishing t-ville and willisburg and the ohio river and i only have a 20hp on my boat. beaver imo is big enough to atleast have idel speed with any size motor on it. i have burnt up a few batteries due to charging them constantly. at one time i was rotating between four batteries. its rediculous. on theese types of lakes they could stop all of this regulation stuff and at least make them idel only lakes.

as far as the boat being to big senario imo if your only using your trolliing motor then why does your boat have to be a certain length?? i shouldnt matter if its 30ft long if your using your trolling motor and not ripping up the lake 80mph then whats the difference?? i havent ever fished a lake withe the 18ft6 rule so i am not sure if theese laks have a hp limit or not but it all seems foolish to me. why not just put a speed limit on all of our lake. say the ones smaller that 3000 acres a speed limit of 35mph and larger 55mph? no need for burning up the lake 80-100 mph. fishing is supposed relaxing isnt it??

Post Thanks / Like

hey im in on the 18 6 rule and i would like to see the 10hp rule go to idol only seemd to work just fine at jerico it would make loading up easy but all of u on here know as well as i do if it was to happen it would only take one idiot to mess it up for all of us it would be a big fight with th lake property owners since they allready have 10hp imo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeymc165 View Post
    these folks are out here to PROTECT US FROM HARM and KEEP US SAFE I would like to say THANK YOU SIR/MAAM. (Just my opinion)

I agree with your statement about them and safety. They are also there to enforce the laws that they are trained to enforce. My issue is not with the gamewardens. My issue is with the 18'6" law.

BB1

Post Thanks / Like

Along these lines, I find it interesting that if you go to the dept's website and go to the part about "where to boat", searching for all places with "any boat" will bring up all the lakes mentioned. If you click on one of the lakes like Kincaid, it says on here, [COLOR=Black]"Any trailerable recreational boat". So on their own website, they don't tell you there's restrictions.
    [/COLOR]