Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat cover

Post Thanks / Like

Boat cover

It is time for a new cover for my boat. I want one that is for travel as well as keeping it clean and dry. Does anyone have any recommendations of who makes covers in the southern Indiana/Louisville area? And also wondering what to expect to pay, the one I have now came with my boat. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Boat cover

Quote Originally Posted by jdkd View Post
    It is time for a new cover for my boat. I want one that is for travel as well as keeping it clean and dry. Does anyone have any recommendations of who makes covers in the southern Indiana/Louisville area? And also wondering what to expect to pay, the one I have now came with my boat. Thanks
    TheBassMan30 recommended a guy in Glasgow........I know for a fact the cover made is one of the BEST I've seen.

Thebassman30, then purchased the boat from the guy who he recommended to the shop in glasgow.........that cover is about 10 years old, and shows very little wear.

BassMan...........what is the name of the place.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

The one I have has also lasted 10 years now, but it is starting to show signs of its age. I hope the next lasts that long, maybe by then I can get a new boat.

Post Thanks / Like

You can contact Covers,Inc in Louisville.Phone 502-969-1119. They will custom make it to suit you. I had mine redone three years ago and I absolutely love it. Great towing and looks good as well as most functional I have seen in a long time.I took boat to them . They kept it inside the whole time and were great people to work with.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with bcorum. Covers Unlimited is a reputable company, no job to small or to large, etc...I have a 19' foot Jon-boat sitting in my drive with a cover on it they stitched together, I guess it's about two years old now and I also have a Sea-Ray that I'm eventually going to get them to put a nice double-bimini camper enclosure on. They have various materials, all the colors of the rainbow, various prices, various warranty's available, etc...I live in Louisville and if you want to check out some of their work shoot me a pm. I'm not affiliated with Covers Unlimited in any way shape or form.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I will give them a call. What can I expect to pay, I know it wont be cheap.

Post Thanks / Like

Had Covers Unlimted do my boat cover did a great job , but I had a special motor cover done and after about A year and a half Threads came out.. Took it back up there for them to just repair threads .. They told me warranty was up and wanted to charge me just to stitch it up..I will not be back since motor cover did not make it thru a complete season..

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest checking with www.iboats.com. They make custom covers for most boats and at a great price. I paid a little under $300 and the cover is a custom cover for my skeeter. All of the reinforcements are in the right place and it fits like a glove. Shipping was free and I had it within 10 days. Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

Is the place in Glasgow Bluemoon Canvas Inc. On 252..
    My dad is needing a new cover for his crappie boat..bass tracker..

Post Thanks / Like

Call Lee Richie 502-944-5586. He custom fit my 19'-6" basscat 6 years ago. Came out perfect. Had straps break, rip in cover at trolling motor and around poles that support cover from so many tournaments trailering back and forth with cover on. Fixed them FREE and I have put alot of hours on that cover. He is local in Louisville off Outer Loop and Preston.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Boat cover

I paid $700 last fall too have a custom cover made,the other guy was at about $1000.Like every thing else i think the price has went up.I could be wrong but i can tow my boat with it on and it covers the motor too.Terry Adolph

Post Thanks / Like

You might want to call Marine covers in Indiana 812-989-0761. I've see one of his covers when he was dropping it off a BPS. He uses a strap and a ratchet to secure the cover. Looks first class. He quoted me $400. do make one for my 18' tracker Pro V. Said he would come to me in Louisville no extra charge. His name is Bob.