Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody here live in Jackson Co.?

I might have a chance to relocate and was wondering if anyone here lives in or near Jackson co Ky. Just want to get a scoop on things there, like if you can get sat cell and internet service there and I know Mckee is the co seat is there stores there like Wal mart etc. Just wanting to find out a few things before I decide to move there. Found a real nice farm there. ALso how is the deer hunting there and elk/turkey and fishing. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Anybody here live in Jackson Co.?

Bobby, since no one has answered your question, I will try. I live in Laurel County, which borders Jackson county. McKee is a one or two stoplight town, with no Wal-Mart. I'm sure there is a grocery store however. I know several people that live in Jackson County, and they either go to London, Manchester, or Berea (depending on where they live in the county) to go to Wal-Mart and get their groceries. Cell service can be spotty, but generally you can get service.

There is good deer and turkey hunting in alot of Jackson County. I don't know about the fishing, but there are no lakes that I know of. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I do not know now if I will be moving as no transfer at this time. I googled earthed it and it is very secluded up there, and beautiful country. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Headrick View Post
    Thanks. I do not know now if I will be moving as no transfer at this time. I googled earthed it and it is very secluded up there, and beautiful country. Thanks again.
    Been up in McKee before building a food and clothing pantry with my Church and I agree it is very pretty. I didn't see alot of employment opportunities when I was there. If I remember right the area is pretty poor......I don't mean that in derogatory way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HydraBlade View Post
    Bobby, since no one has answered your question, I will try. I live in Laurel County, which borders Jackson county. McKee is a one or two stoplight town, with no Wal-Mart. I'm sure there is a grocery store however. I know several people that live in Jackson County, and they either go to London, Manchester, or Berea (depending on where they live in the county) to go to Wal-Mart and get their groceries. Cell service can be spotty, but generally you can get service.

There is good deer and turkey hunting in alot of Jackson County. I don't know about the fishing, but there are no lakes that I know of. Hope this helps.
    Bobby,
    I live here in Jackson County. It's a nice place, noy much goes on thats for sure with some beautiful country depending where you live. No Wal-Mart unless you go to Berea, or London, we have one little lake 75 acres to be exact, one Stop light in mckee, ( take that back we just approved for another one LOL ) but like i said it gets away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. Hunting is pretty good for the deer and turkey and thats about it. Where are you looking to buy a farm or at least which part of the county?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dc, It looks like I will not be moving there at this time. The place I was looking at was north from McKee, I forget the hwy # but it is the main road going north. It is very beautiful there and would be a great place to escape to, if I did not have to drive 40+ miles one way to work. Thanks