Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Heading to Green River next weekend

I am not a tournament fisherman so any info you can give me would be appreciated
    and would not be used for monetary gain just would like to catch some fish.

any info on where on the lake to go, what is working, would be awesome.

thanks in advance

The Bassoholic

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Heading to Green River next weekend

I'll thinking about going to green next weekend also.You may want to read the post of green from yesterday, it had some good information on it. There are also some post from last week or so. I wanted to go yesterday but i wanted to stay away from the boats. Well as it turns out I went to barren and there was a boat on every point. I went into one cove and there were 4 or 5 boats, so I just join them. I started out with cranks and spinners, but no luck .I through by now they most likely had already seen everything in the box. So I slowed down with my old lizard and I begain to get Hits. I hooked a 4lber, and 4 other short fish with a lot of misses that I should have got. Good monring for me.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know what this week's weather will do, but this weekend was a great time to be on Green.

Our USA Bassin tournament had 17 boats, 2 of those weighed in 20+ pounds. 10 limits were weighed in. One bass came in over 8 pounds (and it wasn't in either of the 20 pound sacks). The winning sack was 22.52 pounds. Their biggest was 4.91, so all their fish had to be over 4 pounds.

We caught the second place limit that went 21.79 pounds. We ran into and talked to the winners on the water (At that time we both had just under 20 pounds). We were doing the same thing, in the same area, using the same baits. I can't speak to the exact brand the other team was using, but our best bait was a chartreuse 1/2 ounce Boo-Yah spinnerbait with a chartreuse 4" grub trailer (and a trailer hook was a must). We were fishing main lake bluffs and broken rock banks between Ramp 1 and Holmes Bend. Our best areas were broken rock banks where we could keep the boat in 6-10 feet within 2 boat lengths of the bank. We were paralleling the bank, slow rolling the bait. IF one of us wasn't hung on a rock or laydown every 5 casts, we weren't getting bit. We weren't on any honey-hole or particular spot. We covered a lot of water, and hit some areas where we caught one a few times.

We went through 3 or 4 limits, we estimated that our next best 5 would have gone 17-18 pounds. We only caught 2 short fish, and only 2 keepers under 16 inches. It seemed every fish we caught was over 3 pounds.

Good luck!

Clint Cone
    USA Bassin Green River Lake division director
    clintcone@hotmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the information, and anyone one would like a day like that. I caught a good 20" fish on that same lurer 2 wks ago, just luck for me. the lurer is just as good as the fisherman on the other end, I'll learning to slow down.

Post Thanks / Like

Clint hit the nail on the head....I read his post and went out for 4 or 5 hours yesterday afternoon and had a blast....I lost one at the boat that would have put me over 20 pounds....The fishing has really been on at Green this year...pictures on the photo board also