Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need your opinion???

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post
    I say get a big dog or borrow a friend's big dog and then wait for the old man to walk his. Then approach and ask to let them be friends and then allow the big dog to eat the little dog. Lesson taught.

Then he would have to pay the existing vet bill as well as for the big dog's lunch.[/quote]

Big dog's gotta eat too!

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely show him the bill, and if won't pay it, take him to court. Unless he flat-out lies, and the judge doesn't know who to believe, you'll win. Be sure to take documentation, including pictures, with you (yes, I've watched People's Court, maybe one too many times!)

As for getting his name and stuff, if he won't give it to you, try Google'ing his address. If you can't find it there, and he owns his house, then you can get it from the PVA office. Good luck. Sounds like this clown needs a lesson in personal responsibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Personally, I would be aggrivated. I would ask him nicely to pay, or at least compensate for 1/2 (even though it sounds like he was 100% at fault. If he refused, I would let it go. If they got him all fixed up for $120, you got off good. I am not saying I would be a happy camper about it. However, the stress of dragging it out in a small claims court, would not be worth it for me. You may get your money back in the end, but will probably loose a couple more fishing trips dealing with it.

I would be he had no intention of causing harm to your dog, but should have showed a little more responsibility as a pet owner. I think, since he was taking the time to walk his dog, and wasn't too ashamed of the girly dog on a pink leash, he probably has some compassion for dogs in general, and will probably be willing to help you out, as long as you are not too confrontational.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Need your opinion???

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post

Then he would have to pay the existing vet bill as well as for the big dog's lunch.
    Big dog's gotta eat too![/QUOTE]

I looked at one of those little lunches wearing a pink collar. It was 8 weeks old and cost $600; that made me hug my purse real tight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post
    Big dog's gotta eat too!
    I looked at one of those little lunches wearing a pink collar. It was 8 weeks old and cost $600; that made me hug my purse real tight.[/quote]

Man I paid $600 for my Black Lab (MAXX) a few years ago. At first I thought it was out of line but I looked into the testing of hips, eyes, elbows and whatever else they test for and I thought what the heck at least the odds are in my favor to have a healthy dog. MAXX is very even tempered and intelligent (learns quickly) a real pleasure to be around. That's important as well because some dogs are so high strung that they can't sit still.

I visited the Breeder and found it to be a very loving and clean atmosphere with the Mother and Father on site. That was my first venture into dealing with a an AKC Breeder and it was a good one.

A good Breeder can put out some great dogs....a bad Breeder can put out some stupid inbred pups that are skittish and prone to being sick all the time and that can get expensive.

Heck, if I had the room I'd have two!

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan , let us know how this turns out. i know its aggravating but my sister just went through a small claims case and she had to pay for all of it. even her case wasnt the same it was her fault and she had to pay for her wong doing and the other guys court cost. i enjoyed her going through this cause now maybe she will wise up a little. a lot of people i know that have went to small claims get decent results and usaully dont have to pay their own court cost.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASSKING View Post
    Ryan , let us know how this turns out. i know its aggravating but my sister just went through a small claims case and she had to pay for all of it. even her case wasnt the same it was her fault and she had to pay for her wong doing and the other guys court cost. i enjoyed her going through this cause now maybe she will wise up a little. a lot of people i know that have went to small claims get decent results and usaully dont have to pay their own court cost.
    i think i am going to find this guy and talk to him and see what he says cause i have been looking for him and i think he lives a few streeets over and walks over here so i dunno when he will be back by if ever so i am going to do some investigating..... at least if i see him driving i can get a plate then a name so we will jsut have to see....

Post Thanks / Like

Talking to the guy and asking him to pay the bill is a good idea. Unless he really craps in your Wheaties, drop it and move on with your life. Not a big enough issue for the aggravation, or to waste time in court.

Post Thanks / Like

I would approach him, and show him the bill, and ask him to take care of the bill, or you are going to have to take it small claims court, if he cannot pay it because of financial reasons, ask him to make you small payments weekly until its payed off. The man knows he is in the wrong, and hopefully he will take care of it. You should not be responsible for this mans dog aggression.

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't have gotten this far if it had been me....when his dog attacked mine, I would have dropped kicked his dog back across the street.

Post Thanks / Like

I would ask the man politely to pay for your expenses. It is better to communicate with your neighbors than say nothing and hold a grudge. If he has an once of integrity he will pay and offer you an apology. Small claims court is an option and it is geared in favor of the plaintiff. My stepson was soued in small claims court for $1000.00 for using somebody else's parking space at his apartment complex and lost. As a last resort take him to court. He is responsible.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaveStewart View Post
    Wouldn't have gotten this far if it had been me....when his dog attacked mine, I would have dropped kicked his dog back across the street.
    i know exactly what u mean and i thought about it but if i did that i would have made WKYT and there would be animal rights activists picketing in the street.... I dont think that would look good on my fish and wildlife resume for kicking a dog across the street..... i have been roaming the streets in our neighbor hood for most of the day and i havent yet to see him and my guess is he knows my dog was hurt and needed to go to the vet adn he is avoiding the area... but he has to come out sometime cause the neighborhood let your dog poop in empty lot is right across the street from my house so there are several people that frequent the area with their dogs... they know who i am talking about and none of them know his name..... i just hope i can talk to him before my fiance does because i would say that he will wish that his dog was punted across the road... she is still fuming over this one cause its her baby......