ok this morning i got up to take my fiancee's beagle mix dog for a walk... well i walk up to my mailbox where this older man is walking his little yorkie dog with a pink leash so i dont pay him no mind cause he is on the other side of the road and i am about half way up my drive.... well he comes across and starts talking to me he says lets let our dogs make friends and well i know that sounds kinda funny and not funny hehaw so i told him NO my dog doesnt do well with other dogs.... any way he lets his dog haver some slack on is retractible leash and his dog comes over and bites the crap out of my dog... well i wasnt going to let them fight so i pulled mine away and she is standing in the grass in my yard and the old feller is like my dog has never done that she is usually nice and all this BS well my dog walks back into the drive way and blood is Gushing out of the side of her head and i couldnt tell where is was coming from and the old man was like AHH she will stop bleeding in a bit so i looked at him cause i knew i was in trouble with the fiancee and told him best thing he could do is get his little dog on up the road... so he left no apology or nothing and everything happened on my land.... I had to take the dog to the vet cause she was shaking like dogs do when they get wet adn she got blood all over the ceiling walls and everywhere... I took her to the vet and that little yapper had bitten about a 2 inch gash that didnt completely pierce all the way thru her ear but went down and it was 2 inches by 1/2 inch filleted down... it ended up costing me 150 dollars at the vet..... i contacted teh police and they said if it wasnt on a leash it would be criminal but i needed to contact the county attorney and go thru small claims court.... that is alot of money i was plannning on goin to the lake on sat but i cant since i had to pay the vet... my Question is i am going to ask the man to pay next time i see him and if he dont should i take him to small claims court cause i know if it was his dog i am sure he would me..... or is it worth the hassle......