Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Need your opinion???

ok this morning i got up to take my fiancee's beagle mix dog for a walk... well i walk up to my mailbox where this older man is walking his little yorkie dog with a pink leash so i dont pay him no mind cause he is on the other side of the road and i am about half way up my drive.... well he comes across and starts talking to me he says lets let our dogs make friends and well i know that sounds kinda funny and not funny hehaw so i told him NO my dog doesnt do well with other dogs.... any way he lets his dog haver some slack on is retractible leash and his dog comes over and bites the crap out of my dog... well i wasnt going to let them fight so i pulled mine away and she is standing in the grass in my yard and the old feller is like my dog has never done that she is usually nice and all this BS well my dog walks back into the drive way and blood is Gushing out of the side of her head and i couldnt tell where is was coming from and the old man was like AHH she will stop bleeding in a bit so i looked at him cause i knew i was in trouble with the fiancee and told him best thing he could do is get his little dog on up the road... so he left no apology or nothing and everything happened on my land.... I had to take the dog to the vet cause she was shaking like dogs do when they get wet adn she got blood all over the ceiling walls and everywhere... I took her to the vet and that little yapper had bitten about a 2 inch gash that didnt completely pierce all the way thru her ear but went down and it was 2 inches by 1/2 inch filleted down... it ended up costing me 150 dollars at the vet..... i contacted teh police and they said if it wasnt on a leash it would be criminal but i needed to contact the county attorney and go thru small claims court.... that is alot of money i was plannning on goin to the lake on sat but i cant since i had to pay the vet... my Question is i am going to ask the man to pay next time i see him and if he dont should i take him to small claims court cause i know if it was his dog i am sure he would me..... or is it worth the hassle......

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need your opinion???

Do it!

DA

Post Thanks / Like

Ryan , my wife was a vet assitant for ten years when i saw this i asked her and she said she would do it cause the man will more than likely have to pay the vet bill and your court cost. she says she has seen it before and that is what the results are 80% of the time. hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like

I would let the man know what happened and show him the Vet bill. If he refuses to pay then you chalk it up to a learning experience. I would let him know what I thought of him and his dog but I would stay out of court.

I know that seems like alot of money but if you can afford a Ranger and can afford to go fishing as much as you do then I would let this go . It's not worth the aggravation. Who knows he might surprise you and pay for the bill.....JMO.
    Last edited by DJD; 04-21-2009 at 10:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    I would let the man know what happened and show him the Vet bill. If he refuses to pay then you chalk it up to a learning experience. I would let him know what I thought of him and his dog but I would stay out of court.

I know that seems like alot of money but if you can afford a Ranger and can afford to go fishing as much as you do then I would let this go . It's not worth the aggravation. Who knows he might surprise you and pay for the bill.....JMO.
    Hey, Man! That sounds a bit harsh to me. What does being able to afford a Ranger and frequent fishing trips have to do with this issue? The old geezer had already been warned and I don't understand why someone else should have to pay for his ignoring it. I say give him a copy of the vet bill and ask him to pay it. If he refuses then take him to small claims court.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post

i am sorry but your statement kinda aggrivates me.... if u wanna know the truth its my dad's boat and when i go fishin i usually go with him cause i just graduated college and i am waiting on a job with fish and wildlife adn i am on a limited income..... so yeah that 120 bucks would have went along way.... probably to dale hollow and back but still.....so i dont see why u would have to assume that i can afford to just throw money out the door because of someone else's negligent behavior... but i am going to see what the guy says tommorrow about the situation and then i am going to try and get his name and stuff but i dunno if i really wanna open that can of worms of going to court and stuff like that cause it would just be for the principal of being accountable for his animals actions.... but seriously that got under my skin a bit.... cause i am in no way shape or form have money i hope i do someday but i will never forget my raisins.....

Post Thanks / Like

Do it, his fault 100%.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_ekubass View Post
    i am sorry but your statement kinda aggrivates me.... if u wanna know the truth its my dad's boat and when i go fishin i usually go with him cause i just graduated college and i am waiting on a job with fish and wildlife adn i am on a limited income..... so yeah that 120 bucks would have went along way.... probably to dale hollow and back but still.....so i dont see why u would have to assume that i can afford to just throw money out the door because of someone else's negligent behavior... but i am going to see what the guy says tommorrow about the situation and then i am going to try and get his name and stuff but i dunno if i really wanna open that can of worms of going to court and stuff like that cause it would just be for the principal of being accountable for his animals actions.... but seriously that got under my skin a bit.... cause i am in no way shape or form have money i hope i do someday but i will never forget my raisins.....
    I can see where you could take it that way but that was not my intent. I just see that $120 bucks is what can be spent on one fishing trip and it would not be enough for me to take a guy to court for any reason.

Sorry to get under your skin but based upon posts I have read from you I did assume you lived pretty good. I can't afford to go fishing as much as you have in the past or to such far destinations so I based my opinion on what I have read.

I guess thats the danger of asking opinions on any public forum. But I will say get ready because life will deal you alot worse than this possible $120 cost.

Like I said no harm intended and I hope you get some good results after talking to the guy.

Post Thanks / Like

His fault ask him if he says no then go from there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post
    Hey, Man! That sounds a bit harsh to me. What does being able to afford a Ranger and frequent fishing trips have to do with this issue? The old geezer had already been warned and I don't understand why someone else should have to pay for his ignoring it. I say give him a copy of the vet bill and ask him to pay it. If he refuses then take him to small claims court.
    I have been down a similiar road before and after the emotions went away thoughts of whats right and whats wrong and time passed the whole case seemed a hassle more than anything.

My point from the post is if you can afford a Ranger or can afford to fish alot then $120 is a drop in the bucket. He responded and cleared up what I assumed but I still stand by my opinion on not taking it further if the guy turns out to be a loser.

Post Thanks / Like

Too much hassle for small claims. You'll have to pay the money up front to file the case, then take a day off work to show up. And then that's no guarantee that the judge will rule in your favor. We had a roofer skip town with $4000 and went the small claims process. The guy never showed up and the judge ruled in our favor, but since the guy skipped town and no one knows where he's at that ruling is worth nothing more than the paper it's printed on. The judge said to go to the prosecutor but then the prosecutor in our county says it's not a crime it's a civil case (even though he knowingly had no intentions of finishing the roof). What I'm trying to say here is all the run-a-round will frustrate the "h" out of you which makes the situation even worse.

I say get a big dog or borrow a friend's big dog and then wait for the old man to walk his. Then approach and ask to let them be friends and then allow the big dog to eat the little dog. Lesson taught.

Post Thanks / Like

I say get a big dog or borrow a friend's big dog and then wait for the old man to walk his. Then approach and ask to let them be friends and then allow the big dog to eat the little dog. Lesson taught.[/QUOTE]

Then he would have to pay the existing vet bill as well as for the big dog's lunch.