Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Guist Creek Lake???

I am heading to Guist Creek tomorrow. I have never been to this lake. Hoping to catch some largemouth bass. Would anyone be willing to share any helpful info? A friend of a friend has a cabin there that we will be at, but they fish mostly catfish and sunfish. What type of cover does this lake offer? Stump fields? Weed beds? Shadows cast by the boat???? Any help would be greatly appreciated and I will post a report when we return. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Guist Creek Lake???

Banks are fairly deep with lots of chunk rock and laydowns. Plenty of cover and a few docks. Not sure on water temp and clarity. Not sure HOW you want to fish but if you get minnows and go down the banks you should catch all kinds of fish. There are a lot of catfish in Guist too. I have always had luck with crankbaits and spinnerbaits depending on cloud cover/wind. Let me know how you do I will be there Tuesday. Try to get a water temp if you can.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Brian.....I'll be fishing with artificial baits (spinners, cranks, and will try some topwater also). I'll get the lake report to you tomorrow when I return.

Post Thanks / Like

I think theres a tournament out there tomorrow with 20 boats. Not positive but I think I read it on the internet somewhere. Havent been out there this year but I have always had luck with minnows along the bank catching all species of fish. I have heard of soft plastics catching lots of bass out there as well. Good luck and post some results, Im trying to get out there next week as well.

Post Thanks / Like

The trip to Guist Creek was not successful from a fishing point of view. We couldn't even entice a bluegill to bite. Water temp at our location was 66 degrees and the water was slightly stained. We did have a great cookout, though, and thoroughly enjoyed just being at the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Guist can be a very humbling place to fish, especially when it's really hot. Glad you had a good time. Oh, and love your TV show.