Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: fishing spots on white river?

seriously, if you were a true fisherman, it would not anger you like that. I have been fishing a lot longer than you could imagine and the problem with young people like you, is that you do not know what fishing is, all of you that responded with a similar response do not have the passion or the dedication. It is not about trespassing, as long as that person respects the area. its about living by eachother and sharing the wealth and beautiful land that is around us. Grow up and stop finding things to complain about, it would be a better world, without people like you.

Post Thanks / Like

The trespassing thing is interesting to me. I don't have a boat, and I mainly fish ponds, and so many of them, they won't let you fish. It's unfortunate that a lot of people became lawsuit happy, because I'm sure that's the main reason most of these office complexes don't want you fishing the ponds around them. However there is one that has a walking path all the way around it, and they let people use that to run or walk around, so obviously "no trespassing" is invalid. Yet they have signs around the pond that say "no fishing". Does anyone know if they can actually enforce this? Trespassing is against the law. Fishing is not. This pond is loaded, too. I caught one about 6 lbs on Easter on my 3rd or 4th cast, and while I was taking the hooks out, the security guard kicked me off.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntstyle View Post
    The trespassing thing is interesting to me. I don't have a boat, and I mainly fish ponds, and so many of them, they won't let you fish. It's unfortunate that a lot of people became lawsuit happy, because I'm sure that's the main reason most of these office complexes don't want you fishing the ponds around them. However there is one that has a walking path all the way around it, and they let people use that to run or walk around, so obviously "no trespassing" is invalid. Yet they have signs around the pond that say "no fishing". Does anyone know if they can actually enforce this? Trespassing is against the law. Fishing is not. This pond is loaded, too. I caught one about 6 lbs on Easter on my 3rd or 4th cast, and while I was taking the hooks out, the security guard kicked me off.

I would say that if they own the pond they can make up any rules they see fit. If I were you I would not push my luck or you may be ticketed. Maybe you could try to see who made the rule and try to get permission but I would not go again until then.

Post Thanks / Like

Finally.............someone who thinks it's best to get permission first! Obviously some don't like my stand on this, but I'm pretty sure they don't own property that gets trespassed on a regular basis.

Most "true" sportsmen will ask permission.........those are the ones that I have no problem w/ fishin on my property. Those that don't and then get all worked up when I tell them they are on my property are the ones that I just let the conservation officer or sherriff deal w/.

Post Thanks / Like

tmaxxp21...........I'm assuming your talking to me?

I guess you wouldn't mind if I brought my family/friends over to your house this weekend and camped out in your backyard would you? We would most certainly RESPECT you property!

Post Thanks / Like

Tobias, if you are the Guy that built the barbed wire fence 4 inches from the county road upstream from Brooklyn, can I park in your drive way? Just asking. Terry

Post Thanks / Like

Tobias,
    You need to look at the Indiana code. Your talking about a legal issue. I can understand why you might think what you think. How-ever anglers who canoe or wade can legally fish these waters as long as they don't go beyond the high water marks which is bascially the line that separates weeds and water levels.
    I don't know where you get your information, but if it were to ever go to court, you would lose !
    Lov2fish couldn't of said it better !! Thats just the way it is ! Like it or not, that's the law !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't it depend on if the stream was designated navigable?

Post Thanks / Like

LOL! No that's no me...........but I do know the guys that did do that. I actually talked to the DNR about that deal there.............Morgan Co. CO said they are perfectlly legal in what they did. Counties have easments to roads..........they don't own ground up to or around the roads. Much like a pipeline easment. I'm further south than that!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, lets use more........when .......we ........are making a ......post. Really though you guys sound worse than jerks in the marinas, on the Ohio River. I was all put here for everyone to enjoy. What are you worried about, fishinf pressure? Adapt and become a better angler

Post Thanks / Like

would not mind you are more than welcome, you young kids think you are entitled to everything. just deal with it and listen to what the world is telling you and showing you.

Post Thanks / Like

What makes you think I'm a young kid? I'm entitled to do what I choose w/ the property that I paid for w/ the $$$$ that I've made in my lifetime. If I choose to keep keep people off my property that haven't asked for permission to fish then that's what I'll continue to do.