Sorry for the late post, I have been sick for a week, sick the whole time down on the Bar. We didn't do too bad. We brought back 124 filets for 3 boats. Most of our fish were slabs between 11"-14", about half and half male/females. Biggest went 15". Water temps were between 57-63 degrees. Water clarity clear main Piney River, creeks were stained to clear. Fish were caught on float and jigs, float and minnows 3-4' deep around brush piles and laydowns. Best color was John Deere green on a 1/16 oz. roadrunner or jighead. 2nd place was red head white tube with a float and slider grub black/chartreuse. Fishing now should be fantastic. All of our fish were shallow and around cover, close to deep water. We caught a few trolling, most were caught casting or still fishing.
Bass fishing: My brother caught his biggest yet on Wed. the day we left at 12:30pm. It weight 8lbs 1 oz. largemouth on a shallow crankbait. His buddy caught one on Monday, the 20th, buzzbait,that weighed 6lbs even. I caught one 19", that weighed 4lbs. on a shakeyhead worm. We caught our limit everyday. All catch and release!! Most fish were between 14"-18". Best baits, shallow cranks, spinnerbait and buzzbait. Fish were shallow on wood. Great lake!!
Bassky