Search Fishin.com

Thread: boat launch

Post Thanks / Like

boat launch

I wil be fishin on cherokee this weekend..where is the best public access launch??

Post Thanks / Like

Re: boat launch

Quote Originally Posted by bassman41 View Post
    I wil be fishin on cherokee this weekend..where is the best public access launch??

Your truck will be safer if you use the boat ramp at Greenlee Campground on Fall Creek Dock Road, Russellville. A lot of vandalism occurs at Quarryville Boat Ramp on Hwy. 11, Mooresburg---tailgates, trailers, toolboxes, spare tires, catalytic converters are stolen there. Also drug dealers hang out in the area behind the church.

We launched at Quarryville last Saturday because there was a tournament going on the lots of people coming and going from the parking lot and we thought it would be safe for a couple of hours. When we came back in, we saw where someone had broken the side windows out of a truck parked closest to the lake. Ours was okay.

Heron Point Marina, next to Greenlee has a security gate, and vehicles are safe there but the parking fee is high. Last year it was $30. I don't know how it is this year because we stopped docking our boat there and pulled out before our contract was up.

If Yank reads your post, he can give you some good information on boat ramps further down the lake. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: boat launch

I have been launching at Cherokee Park .. They put in a new launch ramp and the area is Patrolled -----is right next to Hamblen Boat Dock so there is lots of Traffic there and a nice camp ground .. So far I have had no problems there... Yank