Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

New carpet for the boat

I have stripped all the old carpet off my boat and am now trying to get all the glue off. I am wondering if there is a pro that you guys would suggest for putting the new carpet on. I would like a professional job done on it. I could probably put it on myself, but I want it right, don't want the headaches, and really don't have the time. I am hoping to save a lot of money by having done what I have heard is the hardest work. I remember seeing a thread on here in the last couple of years about someone who uses this board who does carpeting. Seems like Dave Stewart had a recommendation also. I am up in the Louisville area. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New carpet for the boat

Doug Meyer in Shepardsville did my boat 3 years ago and is now on its 4th season. Anyway, he did a great job and the carpet has held up well. You can imagine how much abuse my carpet gets being on the water 230-250 days a year with clients, weather etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spider04 View Post
    I have stripped all the old carpet off my boat and am now trying to get all the glue off. I am wondering if there is a pro that you guys would suggest for putting the new carpet on. I would like a professional job done on it. I could probably put it on myself, but I want it right, don't want the headaches, and really don't have the time. I am hoping to save a lot of money by having done what I have heard is the hardest work. I remember seeing a thread on here in the last couple of years about someone who uses this board who does carpeting. Seems like Dave Stewart had a recommendation also. I am up in the Louisville area. Thanks in advance.
    Doug Meyer is Onemorecast56 on this board, IM him, and he will get back with you, I know he is back to working now, and does a great job.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Dougs the man and can put you on some striper to...Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Yes, Dougs the man and can put you on some striper to...Chuck
    One more for Doug Meyer, evrybody that has had carpet work done by Onemorecast raves about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. I'll IM him here in a minute. By the way, here is a shout out to Dave, who helped me out greatly a couple of weekends ago while down at KY/Bkly. He is an absolute pro at his work and I appreciate his help on my trips. Couldn't ask for a better guide.
    Jason