Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Minn Kota On Board Charges and Alternator Chargers

Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.
    My boat is a 1990 21' Stratos with a 200 XP Evinrude on it.I am thinking about purchasing a Minn Kota 230 daul bank on board charger for my boat as I have a Minn Kota 24 volt power drive V2 70/AP/US2 motor with co-pilot. I know how to wire the on board charger but I also am thinking about buying a Minn Kota MK-2-DC 2 Bank Alternator Charger to charge my batteries from the big motor while I'm running the big motor.
    My first question is will this work with my motor and my second question is do you just wire the in coming charger wires to the battery posts of the starting battery and the 2 banks to the trolling motor battery posts? Don't want to spend the money if it's not going to work.
    Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Minn Kota On Board Charges and Alternator Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by smalleychaser View Post
    Thanks in advance for any help in this matter.
    My boat is a 1990 21' Stratos with a 200 XP Evinrude on it.I am thinking about purchasing a Minn Kota 230 daul bank on board charger for my boat as I have a Minn Kota 24 volt power drive V2 70/AP/US2 motor with co-pilot. I know how to wire the on board charger but I also am thinking about buying a Minn Kota MK-2-DC 2 Bank Alternator Charger to charge my batteries from the big motor while I'm running the big motor.
    My first question is will this work with my motor and my second question is do you just wire the in coming charger wires to the battery posts of the starting battery and the 2 banks to the trolling motor battery posts? Don't want to spend the money if it's not going to work.
    Thanks again.
    before u go spend all the money on that check into a stay n charge and the allcharge unit it will charge ur batterys while ur big motor is running and ur trolling motor batterys as well then when u pull ur boat out and pull home ur batterys will be fully charged before u hit the drive way its a system that charges off ur alternator of ur truck and only takes about 30 mins to install i have had mine since feb. and have yet to plug my boat up to an outlet and it will work on ur boat check it out on www.stayncharge.com and fell free to contact jim payne he will answer all the questions u have he has a great 3 warranty and will stand behind his product 110% if u talk to jim tell him that i recomend u thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Minn Kota On Board Charges and Alternator Chargers

If you are thinking about buying the MK 230 I can give you a good deal on one that is about a year old. I bought mine when I bought my boat but have since upgraded my trolling motor and I had to go with a 3 bank charger. If you are intrested just leave a message or pm me.