Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swine Flu ?

Post Thanks / Like

Swine Flu ?

I was wondering why no one is disscussung this. It seems to be spreading fast. That worries me as I have to deal with a lot of illegals who cross back and forth from Mexico. Also the State of Ky has said nothing to us front line workers who are very vuerable to all kinds of virus. They said if someone comes in here sick that we CANNOT REFUSE to see them and we cannot were a mask to protect ourselfs, in fear of upsetting the illegal clients. What is so funny about this virus is that it did not come from pigs, it is a new mutated strain. One thing to think about, the Mexican drug cartels move a lot of herion to the US, and most of this herion comes from Afganistan and the middle east where it is controled by the Taliban and al Quida. Could be a connection? Are we being invaded? We legal citizens are almost a minorty here in my county due to all the illegals. What are we to do?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Swine Flu ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Headrick View Post
    I was wondering why no one is disscussung this. It seems to be spreading fast. That worries me as I have to deal with a lot of illegals who cross back and forth from Mexico. Also the State of Ky has said nothing to us front line workers who are very vuerable to all kinds of virus. They said if someone comes in here sick that we CANNOT REFUSE to see them and we cannot were a mask to protect ourselfs, in fear of upsetting the illegal clients. What is so funny about this virus is that it did not come from pigs, it is a new mutated strain. One thing to think about, the Mexican drug cartels move a lot of herion to the US, and most of this herion comes from Afganistan and the middle east where it is controled by the Taliban and al Quida. Could be a connection? Are we being invaded? We legal citizens are almost a minorty here in my county due to all the illegals. What are we to do?
    It is NOT SPREADING FAST..........

The media is spreading IT FAST.........

Any story to deflect the spotlight from Obama is a GREAT STORY right now.

Here are some statistics.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_swine_flu_outbreak

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

If it's on Wikipedia, it MUST be true! j/k LOL

All kidding aside, I think the Pig Flu crap is way overblown by the media. Yeah, there's a flu...yeah, we don't know a ton about it...and yeah it's spreading. But the regular old snot-rocket flu kills several thousand more people than this each year. Being proactive is one thing, but I don't think there is much sense in worrying about milk that you haven't spilled yet. Keep an eye on it, wash your hands, don't share a van ride with a bunch of Mexicans, break off any relationships that you have with farm animals (even if monogamous), and keep on truckin...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post

All kidding aside, I think the Pig Flu crap is way overblown by the media. Yeah, there's a flu...yeah, we don't know a ton about it...and yeah it's spreading. But the regular old snot-rocket flu kills several thousand more people than this each year. Being proactive is one thing, but I don't think there is much sense in worrying about milk that you haven't spilled yet. Keep an eye on it, wash your hands, don't share a van ride with a bunch of Mexicans, break off any relationships that you have with farm animals (even if monogamous), and keep on truckin...
    That was one of the funniest **** things I've read on this site in a long long time, lol. Brian we have got to go fishing sometime, we need to take your act on the road, Me and Don can be your road mangagers, lol.

Post Thanks / Like

This is just like the SARS scare, nothing more. BTW, You will be hearing about a case in louisville in the next few days, once the results are finalized by the CDC. I can't tell any more than that until it is made public.

Post Thanks / Like

To date, over 13,000 AMERICANS have died this year as a result of the standard run of the mill Flu virus. So far this "Swine Flu" outbreak is all bark and no bite. The reason for so many deaths in Mexico is THREE fold: 1) Lack of awareness in the initial phases of the outbreak, 2) The poor quality of the Mexican health care system (socialized medicine), and 3) The squalid conditions that exist in Mexico coupled with the cramped living spaces.

Personally, as of today, Im not worried in the slightest.

Keep on chuckin'
    Last edited by Stonewall2002; 04-30-2009 at 12:12 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure by the end of the derby someone will have it , I mean look at the infield abunch of Americans bein circled by a bunch of Mexicans.....goin to happen...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post

LOL! Farm animanls huh? Funny stuff! I needed the laugh today!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    That was one of the funniest **** things I've read on this site in a long long time, lol. Brian we have got to go fishing sometime, we need to take your act on the road, Me and Don can be your road mangagers, lol.
    Yeah what a crew that would be! Have to take the fishing poles.

Post Thanks / Like

The Derby would be a pretty good place for it to start distributing............

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Swine Flu ?

I'm glad somebody else thinks this swine flu is a bunch of mucous media discharge. Now that we have NEARLY 100 cases of confirmed swine flu in the US of A, I guess I'm supposed to lock myself in my house this weekend instead of tormenting some green scaly female into eating plastic!!!! I bet more people called in sick today with the backdoor trots, or syphyllis or berri berri!!! Forgive me, the WHO says its now politically incorrect to use the term "swine flu". I am supposed to now use H1N1 influenza A because Egypt is slaughtering all their 300,000 pigs. Just tell me where the pig roast is and I'll bring the bar-b-que sauce.

Thanks everybody, I feel better and am ready to fish tomorrow.

Stay safe,
    Gethenet

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psprowler View Post
    The Derby would be a pretty good place for it to start distributing............
    I wonder if the Mint Julips will kill the dreaded "Swine Flu"?