Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

kentucky lake 4/24-5/1

Just returned home from 7 days of fishing on beautiful Kentucky lake, all i can say is wow! 35-75 bass a day, lots of short buck bass (but still fun to catch) 13-20 pounds a day per bag, 5.12 being the largest. I caught 98.973478% in the buck brush, dragging lizards,worms and jigs ( and probably just about anything you put in front of them) I timed this trip just right, the wind kept me hiding for half the week, which was no problem on bays the size ken lake has. But by the end of the week the bluegill have gone crazing moving back shallow biting my plastic tail every other cast. I also caught some very nice crappie one afternoon over a creek channel in 8 feet of water on small crank baits. I would say if you can get down their in the next two weeks you can take advantage of this easy fun spawn bite while it last. A few of my fish had some of their tails starting to mark up a bit. One of the guys that went down with us caught a 6.1 pd lm on his first cast in the brush on a shakey head ( he about went ike too!)

Post Thanks / Like

Re: kentucky lake 4/24-5/1

Fished Barkley Wed, Thu, Fri. Caught 30-40 fish, 3-6 keepers a day on spinnerbait, and buzzbait, in yellow flowers, docks, laydowns. Didn't have any luck with spinnerbaits around bushes. You needed to fish the spinnerbait really tight to the laydowns. Really good fishing, but crowded.