Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

prefishing tournaments

I know this is not the tourney board but figured I would get alot more advice by asking on this board. My question is how close to a tournament do any of you prefish to get a feel for what the fish are doing. Im aware patterns change pretty often but also know they can last for awhile also. Im sure some of you will get a kick out of my next question but it kinda goes with the first one. How long after being caught does a fish feel at ease about trying to feed again? Im sure there is no for sure answer, but just want to know what you guys and gals think. thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: prefishing tournaments

Honestly, if you are fishing in an attempt to win money and not just have fun you need to be on the lake the day before if the rules allow it. IF you aren't on the lake the day before you either 1. know the lake like the back of your hand 2. are EXTREMELY lucky or 3. are getting beat by someone who was on the lake the day before. Start taking fridays off and watch your check cashing ratios go up

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: prefishing tournaments

I caught a fish today that was caught last saturday by a guy from our club.Or else some one has pink worms like him.LMAOWhen i threw it back i seen the worm and pulled it out of its mouth.The fish had been in the live well for awhile and was spiting it out.Terry Adolph

Post Thanks / Like

I'd try to pre-fish as close to tourney day as possible, although you do take the chance of hooking a big one that you'd like to have in the tourney. I have caught fish in "practice" on a Wed. before and caught the same fish again during a saturday tourney.... Not sure how common this is though. I'd like to hear more opinions.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for taking the time to reply.

Post Thanks / Like

i would practice on thurs and friday fishing different areas of the lake and different techniques each day.... Y i would do that is if one end of the lake dont work on sat u may have a back up plan for saturday..... if bed fishing a fish can be caught the next day if you stick her...

Post Thanks / Like

That is neat but are you sure it wasn't Pastorbass's worm? He LOVES that thing and has caught quite a few fish on it. Which lake were you on, as I would love to bust his chops about losing on on a fish cause he chairishes the few he has left....LOL