Search Fishin.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are the Amish cleaning the Walleye out of Nolin?

Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    Agreed. So they fish one day a week? I am gonna assume no gas motor. And they are outfishing you? This is laughable. Grow up men, and go catch some fish. Probably just a nightcrawler fished on bottom. It ain't like they are in market trawlers out there.
    yes they do have gas motors.also i can guarantee you guys they "poach" no more fish from the lake then some of the taxpaying citizens that own camps down there..i saw with my own eyes when i lived down there many times people fishing on their docks and basketing every bass and crappie walleye of any size and hauling them up the hill to clean the evidence.and i would bet the amount of trees they cut down would pale in comparrison to what our society uses to keep the lavish houses built.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smashdn View Post
    Agreed. So they fish one day a week? I am gonna assume no gas motor. And they are outfishing you? This is laughable. Grow up men, and go catch some fish. Probably just a nightcrawler fished on bottom. It ain't like they are in market trawlers out there.
    Yes they do use gas motor's, the one's I seen Friday were fishing from a deep V tracker with a 50hp outboard, trolling motor and was using a drift sock.It's not like there out fishing with cane pole's. I don't have a problem with them catching walleye or any other fish but they should have to go by the same rule's that everyone else does. The older guy I was talking to told me that they do the same on property taxes, everything is run through their church,so they claim the exemption's that the churches get(non-profit) so they pay no taxes, no wonder they can afford to buy all the farm's up around cub run and any where else they move to. I wish I didn't have to send Uncle Sam a third of what I make!
    David

Post Thanks / Like

" I wish I didn't have to send Uncle Sam a third of what I make!"

Join the Amish community. Just Joking. But if they have all those kids with them in the boat it must be crowded. And they are allowed to keep the legal limit per person. I do agree that they should have to follow all the Fish and Game laws. And if they are not they should be fined in accordance to the law and if their not then it is our justice systems fault.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Are the Amish cleaning the Walleye out of Nolin?

The funny part will be when the amish get on this site and start defending themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishincreek View Post
    Anybody have any proof? How can anybody believe that one religous sect can outfish everybody else? What makes "them" better walleye fishermen? When are they supposedly committing this crime? How many actually SEE the Amish fishing? Some of you fellas need to lay off the kool-aid.
    If they can outfish everyone else FROM SHORE or ROWBOATS for walleye of all things, then there's proof you do not need a fancy boat.

I call BS or sour grapes on the original comment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wishniwasfishn View Post
    If they arent following the rules like everyone else, espically us who pay for all this stuff with our fishing Lisc., boat taxes, fishing lures, etc. then they need to be taken to jail, and have a meeting with big bubba, maybe that will change their attitude a little, plus they wouldnt be able to sit on them hard seats for a while. In all seriousnous(sp) how can they get away with this if they are breaking the law? Some off you guys that fish Nolin, need to let them know what they are doing is illegal, and you dont appreciate it, and then call the law if you see them breaking it.
    Wishin, take it easy on the BUBBA jokes. LOL

BB1

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kydog View Post
    Yes they do use gas motor's, the one's I seen Friday were fishing from a deep V tracker with a 50hp outboard, trolling motor and was using a drift sock.It's not like there out fishing with cane pole's. I don't have a problem with them catching walleye or any other fish but they should have to go by the same rule's that everyone else does. The older guy I was talking to told me that they do the same on property taxes, everything is run through their church,so they claim the exemption's that the churches get(non-profit) so they pay no taxes, no wonder they can afford to buy all the farm's up around cub run and any where else they move to. I wish I didn't have to send Uncle Sam a third of what I make!
    David
    I will say that I am in favor of anyone anywhere anytime who figures out legal ways to get out of taxes. Our government is killing us with taxation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BttrBn View Post
    The funny part will be when the amish get on this site and start defending themselves.
    that's funny right thar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kydog View Post
    I wish I didn't have to send Uncle Sam a third of what I make!
    David

For starters, and this is something I have been doing for years, is to find that happy little medium where you get more back on the week then a big sum at the 1st of the year. I adjust mine when needed and it isn't that hard at all.

I have never understood why people like giving the government an interest free loan on their money.

Though it hasn't happened yet, it would be worth me having to pay a miniscule amount at the end of the year than getting a huge check from the government.

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bttrbn View Post
    the funny part will be when the amish get on this site and start defending themselves.
    "what......and stop fishing to do it?"

HURRICANEBOB Guest

Q and A session:

1Q: Why don't Amish guys have 22 foot Bass boats with dual axle trailers, and 250 hp motors? A: Have you ever tried to ramp in a bass boat with a single horse drawn carriage?

2Q: Why don't the Amish Fish Cumberland? A: The ramps and access roads are too steep to pull a bass boat with a 1 horse carriage.

3Q: Why do the Amish put 12 people in a boat? A: Load testing. (see page 329, section A, paragraphs 3, 4 ,5 and 6 of the operator's manual for the Titanic)

4Q: Why can Amish catch so many more fish than I can? A: They spend more time fishing then messing with their electronics.

5Q: If the Amish can catch so many fish, what aren't there Amish fishing shows? A: Would you watch a show called "Wallye Fishing with Amos Stoltzfus"

6Q: Do the Amish pay taxes? A: Self-employed Amish do not pay Social Security tax. Those employed by non- Amish employers do pay Social Security tax. The Amish do pay real estate, state and federal income taxes, county taxes, sales tax, etc. The Amish do not collect Social Security benefits, nor would they collect unemployment or welfare funds.

7Q: Why do the Amish wear black? A: No visible nightcrawler dirt stains.

8Q: Can't I become Amish? A: No, most medical insurance will not pay benefits for "voluntary lobotomy procedures".

9Q: How many Amish will fit in a 12 foot Jon Boat? A: #1: Take the total number of fish consumed by the family per week, and divide that by the creel limit. The answer is the total number that "WILL" fit in the boat. A: #2. Take the total number of life jackets available, and multiply by the creek limit, then divide by the number of families to eat fish this week.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished there last year with a guy and he was so upset he couldn't fish.
    His trollingmtor quit and then his big engine and if one of them duds had came by close enouth I think I'll try to jumped in that ten foot boat with them four. I told him he needed to grow a bead and get a hat and join them cause they were caughting fish and we weren't a thing.