Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Are the Amish cleaning the Walleye out of Nolin?

I've fished Nolin for many year's and like to get after the Walleye's every now and then, caught a couple last Friday. I've noticed the Amish fish for Eye's very heavy and was talking to a older gentleman at Day's pro shop when we pulled out last Friday, he told me the Amish keep all they catch and don't go by the creel or size limit's. The fish and wildlife officer's know this and if they try to enforce the rule's that apply to everyone else ,the Amish claim since there fishing for food and because of there religious belief's the law doesn't apply to them. I don't believe this is fair for everyone else, since it's our money from license the we purchase that pay's for the stocking of Walleye and other species. I would like to know what you all think?
    David

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Are the Amish cleaning the Walleye out of Nolin?

I have a camp at Wax
    I have to agree. We used to catch 'Eyes frequently while bass fishing. And we trolled crankbaits and picked allot of walleye up this way too. The past few years we haven't caught any walleye. We have also fished the river up near Bacon Creek with no sucess. I have to say the numbers are way down in Nolin .

Post Thanks / Like

does nolin have any good numbers of fish in it?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slowjamcdub View Post
    does nolin have any good numbers of fish in it?
    To me personally, I'd rather fish Nolin River Lake than anywhere else in the state.....

Post Thanks / Like

Anybody have any proof? How can anybody believe that one religous sect can outfish everybody else? What makes "them" better walleye fishermen? When are they supposedly committing this crime? How many actually SEE the Amish fishing? Some of you fellas need to lay off the kool-aid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishincreek View Post
    Anybody have any proof? How can anybody believe that one religous sect can outfish everybody else? What makes "them" better walleye fishermen? When are they supposedly committing this crime? How many actually SEE the Amish fishing? Some of you fellas need to lay off the kool-aid.
    I can tell you for a fact they are camped out on most of the points that are good for walleye every Saturday. And several per point. I have a place down there and am there almost every weekend. Do they really not have to abide by the regulations?

Post Thanks / Like

I read the 2009-2010 fishing regs on who needs a license and they qualify. So they would follow the rules or get ticketed right?

Maybe it happens and if it does go down there and call the law if not it really comes off as rumors.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking Re: Are the Amish cleaning the Walleye out of Nolin?

If they arent following the rules like everyone else, espically us who pay for all this stuff with our fishing Lisc., boat taxes, fishing lures, etc. then they need to be taken to jail, and have a meeting with big bubba, maybe that will change their attitude a little, plus they wouldnt be able to sit on them hard seats for a while. In all seriousnous(sp) how can they get away with this if they are breaking the law? Some off you guys that fish Nolin, need to let them know what they are doing is illegal, and you dont appreciate it, and then call the law if you see them breaking it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wishniwasfishn View Post
    If they arent following the rules like everyone else, espically us who pay for all this stuff with our fishing Lisc., boat taxes, fishing lures, etc. then they need to be taken to jail, and have a meeting with big bubba, maybe that will change their attitude a little, plus they wouldnt be able to sit on them hard seats for a while. In all seriousnous(sp) how can they get away with this if they are breaking the law? Some off you guys that fish Nolin, need to let them know what they are doing is illegal, and you dont appreciate it, and then call the law if you see them breaking it.

I was down at Nolin friday and saturday and where were 11 boats at the big island near wax. Yes they had many fish too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BEAVERSCREEK44 View Post
    The Amish rape our land by logging it and kill all the game,then move to the next job!!! NO RULES,REGULATIONS,OR FINES!!! Now they can take the fish we stock our lakes with tax and license money!!! I think all people should go by the same laws and limits. AND PAY TAXES IF THEY RIDE A HORSE ON PUBLIC ROADS!!!EQUAL MY $%#!!!
    Dont' even get me started on vehicle taxes. I just love how we have to pay annual taxes on our vehicles based on the value of our vehicle. However they claim the taxes are for the roads. Why do I have to pay more for my truck taxes than the person driving a 1980 Pinto. I payed value tax on my vehicle when I bought it, I shouldn't have to pay it every year. If this tax is indeed for road repair I think an amish buggy does more damage to a paved road than my truck, so yes they should have to pay (what they claim as road tax) tax every year just like us.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to ruffle any feathers, but how come they are such better fishermen that they can catch walleye that you all can't. Also if they have taken all the walleye out of the lake then how come they can still catch them. Sound to me like you need to ask them how they catch them so you can catch some to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by steemer1 View Post
    Not to ruffle any feathers, but how come they are such better fishermen that they can catch walleye that you all can't. Also if they have taken all the walleye out of the lake then how come they can still catch them. Sound to me like you need to ask them how they catch them so you can catch some to.
    Agreed. So they fish one day a week? I am gonna assume no gas motor. And they are outfishing you? This is laughable. Grow up men, and go catch some fish. Probably just a nightcrawler fished on bottom. It ain't like they are in market trawlers out there.