Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Will This Be a Problem?

UT coach, Lane Kiffin's latest signee, Daniel Hood, of Kingsport, TN has been signed on with a full scholarship. Hood was at the center of a rape trial about 5 years ago (in August 2003), at age 14, when he and another teen bound Hood's cousin with duct tape and raped her with a plunger handle. Hood was convicted of rape in December 2004, and the judge committed him to the Dept. of Children's Services until he was 19. That means he has recently been released from DCS and has not had enough time to prove himself.

Hood played football at Knoxville Catholic High School.

Considering the Vol's football program has been plagued with a slew of players who had run-ins with the law under Coach Fulmer, the University is trying to forge a new identity both on and off the field. Dedicated Vols fans say this latest signing is "more of the same."

Daniel Hood is the son of Allyn Hood, owner of Hood Bonding in Kingsport, TN. He says that his son is prepared to show that he is rehabilitated. Even if he is, do you think Daniel Hood should be playing college football? Isn't he supposed to be an example for students who look up to athletes as heroes? The 6-foot-5, 260 pound tight end has a tarnished past and I think he shouldn't have been signed on and definitely shouldn't have received a scholarship. Guys, what are your thoughts on this?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will This Be a Problem?

If you rape your own cousin with a plunger handle then I'd have to say you'll always be a few nuggets short of a corn fritter. They shouldn't have signed the kid. He can "rehab" on his own dime by getting a job and leading a productive life like the rest of us have to do.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by psprowler View Post
    If you rape your own cousin with a plunger handle then I'd have to say you'll always be a few nuggets short of a corn fritter. They shouldn't have signed the kid. He can "rehab" on his own dime by getting a job and leading a productive life like the rest of us have to do.
    My thoughts too.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    My thoughts too.

Andrew
    Add me to the list, Geeeze.........

Post Thanks / Like

One can only hope that the SAME was done to him a few hundred times in prison...............eye for an eye, if you ask me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bassin_bug View Post
    Daniel Hood is the son of Allyn Hood, owner of Hood Bonding in Kingsport, TN. He says that his son is prepared to show that he is rehabilitated. Even if he is, do you think Daniel Hood should be playing college football? Isn't he supposed to be an example for students who look up to athletes as heroes? The 6-foot-5, 260 pound tight end has a tarnished past and I think he shouldn't have been signed on and definitely shouldn't have received a scholarship. Guys, what are your thoughts on this?
    Playing football? Well, if he's kept his nose squeaky clean since his release, yeah, let him on the team. On a scholarship? No way. Let him work his way through school. If he did that, and still was a standout on the football field, THAT might prove rehabilitation.