Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Kentucky / Barkley ????

OK so right after I eat dinner with mom on Sunday I'm heading to LBL for a week of fishing with my 4 buddies of 30+ yrs. We do it every year and have a blast. Usually Matt & Tom book a day out with Dave but our dates got screwy this year and that isn't going to work out for our tips and tricks.
    After reading Dave's report from last night with the water levels changing so fast I'm not sure what to think. Maybe I need to pull an extra trailer with me so that I can bring the kitchen sink too.
    Anyways we usually stay towards the north end of the lakes, anybody been on the north end of either in the last couple of days and which lake seems more productive right now?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Kentucky / Barkley ????

Fished north end of Barkley sat. in BFL. Didn't get on em till late but theyn were in the flooded willows. But like Dave said, the wate has come up and down and going back up again. I figured this full moon would lock most of em on the beds. Just watch the water like Dave said and fish the pattern according. We were there 4 days and I caught fish on everything but a crankbait and that's only cause I didn't throw one.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm planning to head down on Tuesday. Knee willing...LOL... I'll be fishing Mid-lake on Barkley. I've had a ton of success in that area with high water. I've only done well on South KY when the water has been this high.

Good luck and catch a bunch!!

HDF

Post Thanks / Like

Keep a texas rigged lizard with either 1/4 or 3/8 oz tungsten sinker tied on pretty much all the time on one rod or two. These will produce in and out in front of the buck brush no matter if they are raising or dropping the water. Hook Some Bass is my favorite brand (when you can find them if James will ever keep them in stock at the cabin or Judy's), watermelon / anything red, purple, blue, seed and chartreuse dip the tail. My defineate go to bait this spring and it has caught MANY in my boat. Chatterbait produced a few on the last trip as well as shallow running cranks bounced off the flooded cover. full moon will bring in the last wave of spawners as well. You should find them in all stages of the spawn, pre, during and post everywhere. Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info folks. I always have a texas rigged lizard or brushhog tied on. It's my fav way to fish this time of year.
    I'll post a report in a week. Everybody be safe!

Post Thanks / Like

Try some senkos... they should be active, if you can find them. Don't catch them all. Will be back down there(heaven) in the future. I love fishing those lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

This is to late for ya now but, was there for the week and flippin and draggin soft plastic was just about the only ticket. Junk fishin wasn't worth such few numbers, just leave the brush hog (creature baits) tied on and it will produce it.