Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Elk Hunt Draw results up at KDF&W website

http://fw.ky.gov/

I got the same results that I've got every year since it started =
    Thanks for the $10 Chump try again next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Elk Hunt Draw results up at KDF&W website

Dont feel bad. I am in the same boat as you. Even though I know it is just a money racket and that it will be 20 years before the drawing will be fair I still donate my $10 every year. Maybe next year. HAHA!

Post Thanks / Like

It would be nice to know who won though, I don't understand why they can't post the winners names? My uncle and I didn't get drawn either. Its only ten bucks which doesn't bother me, like you said, Its for a good cause, " I hope "

Post Thanks / Like

The thing that ticks me off is that there have been folks who were drawn in the past redrawn again,to be fair with such a limited hunt,those who get drawn should have a waiting period before being eligible again.I'm starting to think the draw is biased.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcnitro View Post
    It would be nice to know who won though, I don't understand why they can't post the winners names? My uncle and I didn't get drawn either. Its only ten bucks which doesn't bother me, like you said, Its for a good cause, " I hope "
    The reason they decided not to post all the names and addresses this year was to prevent all of the guides calling and writing. It seems from talking to past winners, it is like winning the lottery with all of the offers made.

Post Thanks / Like

That makes sense but like KYFanatic said, the same person winning more than once just seems a little out of place when 35,000 put in for the drawing. I would be buying real lottery tickets if I won two elk draws like that. Might as well win the money so you can afford the big hunts. I feel like poor sport for complaining but it would be nice to see and actual list showing it actually happened. Maybe they could issue numbered tickets and post the numbers drawn?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree that it makes it look fishy. I trust the department, but it seems to me this would have to be a matter of open records under Kentucky law.

Post Thanks / Like

I may be a little bias towards the matter being how I live in eastern Ky but I feel that people in this area should get drawn more than we do. I know alot of people that hunt and put in for this hunt and none of them were drawn. We are the ones who have to worry about hitting one in a car yet we cant hunt them. Trust me they can do alot of damage to a car. I feel that nobody in this area gets drawn because we would not have to spend the money for hotels, guides, and who knows what else. I am not tryin to say that nobody else should get to hunt them but I do feel a certain percentage should come from eastern Ky. If the fish and game doesn't want to list names then how about a break down by county?

Post Thanks / Like

Me and a freind have put in for the hunt every year.I went online to see if i got the draw and no luck.I called my freind to get his info to check to is if he got the draw and he did. He drew a bull "week two" .The nice thing about it is his going to take me with him.

Post Thanks / Like

Like the most of you I have applied every year without any luck, but this year I was suprised to see that I was drawn for a bull tag on week one. Best $10 I ever spent. I received the paperwork today. Now I just need to make my selections for choice of EHU.

So I don't doubt the drawing anymore....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Angler1976 View Post
    Like the most of you I have applied every year without any luck, but this year I was suprised to see that I was drawn for a bull tag on week one. Best $10 I ever spent. I received the paperwork today. Now I just need to make my selections for choice of EHU.

So I don't doubt the drawing anymore....
    If you paid every year then you spent more than $10,which is still a deal,but a person could pay $10 a year for the rest of his/her life and never get drawn.I also find it odd that a whole bunch of folks who were drawn in the first years of the hunt were Big Money people.

Post Thanks / Like

congrats Angler1976, good luck