Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Warren County fishing?

Hey what is up everyone. I don't have much time usually to fish, but I try to squeeze it in every few days, so therefore I am kind of stuck fishing close to bowling green. This leaves me with shanty hollow lake and Basil Griffin lake. Has anyone ever had luck fishing these small lakes? I have a small paddle boat that I fish with. Also, are there any nice creeks for small mouth and spotteds? Thanks for the help. Will do some reporting for the barren if I can get out there in a few weeks on an actual fishing trip.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Warren County fishing?

There are no fish in Shanty Hollow. When I lived in Bowling Green for almost 7 years I fished it a lot... with no luck at all. Basil Griffin park has good fish in it, especially if you can get out on it in your boat. I've caught some nice ones from the bank, especially when it floods. I also fished Trammel Creek in Allen county for trout and we caught a lot and it was fun. The gasper river has some smallies in them. Gasper has some good fish, but it is hard to find access points. A lot of people put in just below hadley hill close to where the creek meets the barren river. I also had some luck fishing baby brush hogs and flukes in the river, putting in there at the park on Barren River Rd. Good luck!!