Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

For guys with wives and kids-how much do you get to fish?

Just curious how much you guys with wives get to fish. I am married and have a 4 year old boy. I work full time 40hrs a week and my wife doesnt. My boy is in school as well. I try to go 1 day on weekends from daylight until 2-4pm. I try and go every weekend unless we have big family plans and I dont get a chance. I usually take my son fishing or do something with him on sundays. Keep in mind I let my wife sleep in and get up with our son the day I dont fish until 11 and she typically leaves to see her friends a couple nights a week while I watch him as well. I dont go anywhere through the week I dont drink ever I come straight home everyday and stay home and my friends are the people I fish with. Just wondering how much you other guys get to fish.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: For guys with wives and kids-how much do you get to fish?

I fish whenever I feel like it. I have been married almost 20 years, have two kids and do what I want. I am top dog around here (but I've been neutered)! lol

Actually, my kids are teenegers and my wife never complains about my fishing or hunting, so I am lucky enough that I can go just about any time I want.

Post Thanks / Like

TimT you are so lucky.

I know you seem like a good guy but I have the sudden urge to punch you in the throat.

Lifes not fair. I have to fight and beg to go fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

It's hit and miss for me. I'm married (7 yrs) and have two boys (4 yrs and almost 2). I would be thrilled to be able to fish once a week in the phase of life I'm in right now. I'm out fishing about once or twice a month right now. I usually have to plan well in advance to make that happen.

As they say in the commercial, "Life comes at you fast!" Holding down a full time job, raising a family, being an involved father and husband takes a lot of time if you're doing it right... JMHO

Post Thanks / Like

my wife has never had problem with me going fishin and most of the time she wants to go she also fishes alot of tourneys with me and does pretty good got me a good one most of the time if im goin by my self she is up in the the truck before i get the boat hooked up now my buddy on the other hand is a differnt story make it short and sweet i told him he better get him a few ugly sticks before she threw all of the others in the trash

Post Thanks / Like

I have been with my wife for 10 years now (married 5) with whom I have a daughter, we both work 40+ hours a week, and I have a part time teaching job as well as attend classes at U of L during the spring and fall semesters. With all that being said I manage to get out two or three times a month, some times with the boat, sometimes just on foot for a few hours. Often my wife encourages me to go to the lake because she understands that the time I spend on the lake is worth 5 times that amount I would spend with a therapist if I didn’t have fishing as an outlet. I have to say that she has never once in our ten years told me that I could not go to the lake. Once she even encouraged me to go to the lake on our anniversary!! Granted I’m not down there every weekend (like I would be if we were not married) and attend to all of my chores and her ever growing honey do list, but she still understands that I need an outlet and some down time. She likes to say that she would rather have me coming home smelling like fish than booze and perfume.

Keep on chuckin'

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I've been married for 10 years with 2 children 9 and 13. I work 4 10hour days and get my kids to school every day. I told my wife along timeago I don't go to bars, I don't go out looking for women all I do is fish....and the day that get's in the way of our relationship.....well I'll alway's fish. I think my sced. also helps having a 3 day weekend. Everybody should work 4 ten hour days, saves alot of money and headaches....Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    Well, I've been married for 10 years with 2 children 9 and 13. I work 4 10hour days and get my kids to school every day. I told my wife along timeago I don't go to bars, I don't go out looking for women all I do is fish....and the day that get's in the way of our relationship.....well I'll alway's fish. I think my sced. also helps having a 3 day weekend. Everybody should work 4 ten hour days, saves alot of money and headaches....Chuck
    I work 4 10hr days in the summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive been married for 12 yrs and have 3 boys ages 13,9,6 and my baby girl is 2. I work 12 hour days but not everyday, I guess its a swing shift. My wife is in management at Lowes and puts in alot of hours. Most of my fishing is done on the weekends that I dont work and very rarely during the week. I take my kids when they want to go unless Im fishing in a tourney or the weather is not ideal. Would love to go more but first things first and I wouldnt trade it for nothing. Its a little frustrating but nothing is better or more fun than watching my kids grow. One day Im going to be replaced with four wheels and and girlfriends and a boyfriend and will wish I could do it all over again. Im just 34 yrs old so Ive done alot of growing up with my kids. Time flies when your having fun and it dont seem like 13 yrs since my first boy was born. Hope I didnt put anyone to sleep. later

Post Thanks / Like

I've been married for 9 years and have two children (4,5). I work 12hr swing shifts and my wife stays at home. We love to fish but it seems the weather is bad when we have time. I bought a Bass Tracker last year and we love it. I also run a Lawncare Co on the side. Having my children at home everyday (HomeSchool) is a blessing. Sometimes we load everyone up and go as a family. I would bet we go 2-3 times per month. I wish it was more but we only get one chance to raise good kids. I take it with a grain of salt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fntsyfbgod View Post
    TimT you are so lucky.

I know you seem like a good guy but I have the sudden urge to punch you in the throat.

Lifes not fair. I have to fight and beg to go fishing.

I can understand your feelings, my kids were not always teenagers. Trust me, when they get older, you will have more time to fish and missing out on the fishing now is worth the investment.

Please don't punch me in the throat, I am pretty sure that would be painful and I have been through my share of physical pain over the years lol! As a matter of fact, the throat may be one of the few places this 42-year-old body hasn't been punched.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm.....Retired now so I get to fish as much as I like,thats usually 2 or 3 times a week....when I was workin and married it was tough to get time ..
    Wife never understood my need for the sport so it caused a lot of friction between us (I would still go once a week if nothing got in the way) now my better half works 40 hours a week and I nap...fish..or whatever else I want....wow,I would have loved to have had this life when I was 30...