Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Floating lights, submersible lights....

Looking to buy one of each Tomorrow or Sat morning. dont' have time to go to BPS, called 3 places in Lex and they don't have them. live in Georgetown and considering going to Laurel Saturday night and fish under the lights for the first time for Walleye. Never done it, DCBasser has told me about it and I have read about it but need the lights. Anyone got any suggestions to where I can find these, new or used, does not matter to me right now. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Floating lights, submersible lights....

Walmart should have them if you have one around.

Post Thanks / Like

u might check wally world they had one that looked like a round head light off of a car in styrofoam that floats hope this help u out i have an older one if u want to drive to owenton to get it

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a couple of the styrofoam floating headlights at wally world last year. I had one that worked and one that didnt so I had to take it back for a trade (that seems to be the biggest problem with them, some work-some dont) I think when walmart gets them returned they just put em back on shelf. I took the new one to automotive and hooked up to battery before getting it. Also good idea to get some heat resistant epoxy t hold it together. They have about 12ft leads you can splice few feet onto it to get farther from battery. I use a small tree stand placed on a good size tree or stump to hold my battery then hook light to it, it works GREAT. I hook it up, place light where I want it and back off and drop anchor to fish. I dont have a submersable LED light but I'm wanting to add one too. It seems like it would work good to have a floater and a submersable, any thoughts?