Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

GM Closing 1000 Dealerships?

Dang! I wonder what kind of spin will be put on this? I guess the idea of creating more jobs just took a big step back. Do you think the Unions will suffer?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: GM Closing 1000 Dealerships?

Don;
    I have no idea what kinda mess this country is headed for, it gets worse everyday I wake up. Quite frankly it's scaring the Hell out of me......... especially with the leadership we have in place that in my opinion has absolutely no idea what it's doing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Dang! I wonder what kind of spin will be put on this? I guess the idea of creating more jobs just took a big step back. Do you think the Unions will suffer?
    i dont know about everone else but i am i have only hit about 8 weeks of work since xmas union hall is full

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ironhead70 View Post
    i dont know about everone else but i am i have only hit about 8 weeks of work since xmas union hall is full
    Just returned from the New St. Joe Hospital project off of I-75 in London. The Electrical was talking about Union guys driving from L-ville everyday to work. You gotta do what you gotta do I guess...but everyday? Yikes!

Post Thanks / Like

wow i guess i would drive that if there was work there i have been driving to georgetown and the squre d company for 10 years from carrollton i have also drove to huntsville al. worked 10 hrs and come stright back home them were some desperate times

Post Thanks / Like

I don't relate the closing of these dealerships to government.

I DO relate them to the unions, however. Why don't these unions realize they are their own worst enemy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post

I DO relate them to the unions, however. Why don't these unions realize they are their own worst enemy?
    You are RIGHT.........

When the competition builds a car for 1/2 the manpower.........YOU GOTTA do something about that..........

AND don't give me crap about labor costs is china, or japan, or wherever......Almost every foreign vehicle purchased here is made here.......with non union labor.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

yes union, nonunion, we all are suffering our union hall has alot of members on the books. I just hope everybody out there is doing allright and keeping there family or themselves well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by know1 View Post

The Unions are the perfect Company (Gubment is more like it) they do what they want to any company that doesn't agree with them. Seen several small companies around here fight them off. Greed Greed Greed!

I think that all these closing dealerships are directly tied to gubment. The downfall of the Mortgage companies and banks got us into this mess. (gubments fault) GM stealing Millions to keep the doors open and now the gubment can't make them pay us back? ( gubments fault) What am I missing?

Will GM restructure and have no ties to the gubment? I wonder if some concessions were made by GM to the gubment to close dealerships halt production in some areas and just enjoy the free money they stole from us? Well enjoy might not be the proper word but who cares you and I pay their bill.

Post Thanks / Like

The Unions are the perfect Company (Gubment is more like it) they do what they want to any company that doesn't agree with them. Seen several small companies around here fight them off. Greed Greed Greed!

I think that all these closing dealerships are directly tied to gubment. The downfall of the Mortgage companies and banks got us into this mess. (gubments fault) GM stealing Millions to keep the doors open and now the gubment can't make them pay us back? ( gubments fault) What am I missing?

Will GM restructure and have no ties to the gubment? I wonder if some concessions were made by GM to the gubment to close dealerships halt production in some areas and just enjoy the free money they stole from us? Well enjoy might not be the proper word but who cares you and I pay their bill.
    I GUARANTEE you there are a TON of union laborers for the BIG 3 who would VOTE the unions out RIGHT now......given the choice.

Problem is.........they are NEVER given a choice........

I KNOW Delphi in Kokomo would have, but before the membership had a chance to discuss it.........the UNION had negotiated them OUT of a JOB.

GREAT to have unions........isn't it........

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

AND I wonder this........If you need to SELL more product, why the HELL shutdown your regional, smaller dealerships.

If you have a Ford, a Toyota, a GM and A Chrysler dealership within 10 miles, and the NEXT closest city with a Dealership is 30 or 40 miles away, AND you close the GM and Chrysler dealerships............all you've done is PUSH your customers to another brand.

I know NO ONE who is going to drive 40 miles to buy a car.......What about Service, what about Warranty work, etc, etc.......

THOSE small mom and pop dealers are WHAT will bring you back. LOYAL customers......not the BIG volume dealerships.......

Yes my friends......closing the dealerships WILL seal the fate of GM and Chrysler.......THEY ARE DONE.........

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GeoFisher View Post
    AND I wonder this........If you need to SELL more product, why the HELL shutdown your regional, smaller dealerships.

If you have a Ford, a Toyota, a GM and A Chrysler dealership within 10 miles, and the NEXT closest city with a Dealership is 30 or 40 miles away, AND you close the GM and Chrysler dealerships............all you've done is PUSH your customers to another brand.

I know NO ONE who is going to drive 40 miles to buy a car.......What about Service, what about Warranty work, etc, etc.......

THOSE small mom and pop dealers are WHAT will bring you back. LOYAL customers......not the BIG volume dealerships.......

Yes my friends......closing the dealerships WILL seal the fate of GM and Chrysler.......THEY ARE DONE.........

Later,

Geo
    I was thinking about how Ford and Toyota see all this closing of dealers and I bet they will see a windfall in truck sales. They already build great trucks and if the competition goes out of bidness then you could benefit!