Search Fishin.com

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Watchin Aaron Martins WHINE at Guntersville.........

Quote Originally Posted by bassfisherman99 View Post
    Most of the guys on here who complain about the pros wish they could be fishing for a living. If he asked nicely why wouln't you give him the spot. You could watch him and learn something. People follow these guys around all the time and then the next day and try to catch there fish. If some of you guys were fishing for that much money it would be a different story.
    No......I don't wish to be FISHING for a LIVING........

TOO much stress in it.......and I would NEVER want to stoop to the level of some that I've ran into to CASH a CHECK.......

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Martins is a WUSSY. He talks a big game in front of the camera then hugs the same guy later when he is face to face with him. Yea the boy can flat out fish but he'e still a big WUSSY. BTW George it was your spot first you don't have to yield to anyone and I mean anyone. These guys are suppose to be the cream of the crop find your own **** spot and shut the crap up about it!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Martins is a WUSSY. He talks a big game in front of the camera then hugs the same guy later when he is face to face with him. Yea the boy can flat out fish but he'e still a big WUSSY. BTW George it was your spot first you don't have to yield to anyone and I mean anyone. These guys are suppose to be the cream of the crop find your own **** spot and shut the crap up about it!
    Amen, brother, amen. If its a local doing it out of spite, or following the pro around, its wrong. However, the gentleman he talked to said he had a tournament coming up and had found the spot. Give the guy the benefit of the doubt and move on.

I had this tournament on DVR and I watched it again last night so that I could make sure my arguments in this thread were justified and that I didn't miss anything.

I especially like where Martens calls the guy a liar, and starts to use a little profanity but calls him a piece of work instead. Good job on cleaning it up for the camera, and way to set an example for any aspiring pro, Aaron.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys that disagree with his complaint even know the whole story? Aaron had fished that spot for 3 straight days and the guy that was watching him sat on that spot on day 4 so he could use it for a little tournament the following weekend. He was hole sitting. So you're darn right Aaron had a reason to complain. This joke of a fisherman is probably fishing for a$200 first place prize and Aaron is fishing for 100K. This is just my opinion. If it were me, I would have definetly moved off the spot and let him fish. For anyone to watch a pro fisherman and use his spots for their own tournament while it's still going on...that's very weak. I hope that guy was proud of himself to use someone else's fish to try and better himself. He must really feel like an accomplished fisherman. What a joke.

Post Thanks / Like

I love that term...''Someone elses fish''. NOBODY OWNS THE **** FISH! Pro's do this to weekend anglers all the time, most of them are the biggest cut throats around. It works both ways. First come first serve, PERIOD!

Post Thanks / Like

Just because someone is fishin for money, it do's not make there fishin any more important than mine.

Post Thanks / Like

If it were me I'd probably give him the spot because a.) I'm not that good of a lake fisherman and I would have been on it by chance and b.) I might learn something.

If a guy was a total punk about it I might have just dropped anchor and went swimming or something.

Just glad I never run into any pros on the rivers/streams.

Post Thanks / Like

I love that term...''Someone elses fish''. NOBODY OWNS THE **** FISH! Pro's do this to weekend anglers all the time, most of them are the biggest cut throats around. It works both ways. First come first serve, PERIOD!
    I agree (first come first serve). Aaron had been there for 3 straight days, In my eyes that is "first come first serve". That guy had been watching Aaron catch big stringers for those days and decided he would like to save the fish for his own. What part of that do you see a correct. Aaron makes his living fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Id just tel them to show me the deed that its there spot or shut and move on down the lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey........to be clear.....

I was NOT there....I was saying if it was my spot........or if I was the angler there........

I didn't want to confuse anyone......

Thanks,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

If I was Aaron, and that guy had been watching me catch fish all week, and then decided to get on that spot and park in it so he could have it during his tournament, I would of stayed at Guntersville, and come Saturday when he tournament was going on, he would of been very suprised, cause I would of been parked on that spot all weekend, so he couldnt fish it, just to see how he liked it.

Post Thanks / Like

When a bass tourney is held on public waters which your and my taxes pay for I don't think anyone owns a spot. I used to back off when someone said they were fishing a tourney and they ask if I would let them fish the spot.

Now with a tournament being held about every day of the week on about every body of water I will not back off any longer. If I find a spot that is holding fish and someone from one of the thousands of tournaments ask to fish I tell them to follow me if they want but don't cut me off.

Tournaments have gotten far to frequent on our bodies of waters and it is hurting our fishery. We used to go to Kentucky and Barkley and get into several HUGE bass every spring, not anymore. If you are lucky you might catch a five or a six but this is about the limit. I personally took 1 bass over 10 pounds out of Barkley and 2 over 9 pounds in one spring season back in the early 90's. This was not a freak this was what happened about every spring back then before we were bombarded with tournaments.

I was down there a couple weeks ago and there was 2 large tournaments that had almost 500 boats in them combined and this was not counting the several dozen local and club tournaments being held all over both lakes which probably added another 400 to 500 more boats. The poor casual fisherman out for a day with his kids or grandkids is an annoyance to these "cash for cashers". I have also noticed that the more tournaments that are held the more obnoxious the "cast for cashers" get with the casual fisherman.

I know everyone is entitled to use our bodies of water but with the massive increase of tournaments and the unquestionable number of bass that die from these tournaments why don't the state put more control on these practices. With an over-abundance of small fish in the lakes now how many will never see the 15 inch size limit after being hooked many times?????????????

One other thing I have noticed is that a lot of out of staters are bringing their tournaments to Kentucky, wonder why?????????????