Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Watchin Aaron Martins WHINE at Guntersville.........

I'm sorry.....

Don't bring your BUTT into a spot that I'm fishing and WHINE about fishing for 100k.

Public lake, and If I drive 6-8 hours to fish Guntersville, or anywhere else, I don't GIVE A CRAP if it is your best spot and you're LEADING the tourney.

GOOD GOD........

You're supposed to be an EXPERT............best of the best............and you're going to CRY about a boat sitting on your spot.........

Sorry, but that really CHAPS my BUTT.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Watchin Aaron Martins WHINE at Guntersville.........

Amen brother! Tell him how it is! Don't ever back down from a spot that is rightfully yours. You were there first, so he can move on!

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

The guy did win.....even with somebody on his spot. This happens all the time. As far as I'm concerned, I would back out and find me another spot to fish. This is their livelihood. The way they make a living, feed their kids, pay their mortgage,etc...I'm not gonna get in the way of that. I do feel like anytime this happens, the pro should be courteous and politely ask. I'm sure that no matter how they were asked, some people would still be offended and refuse to move. Not sure why but probably pride, but everybody's got an opinion. Mine is let the guy have the spot, give him a chance to better his paycheck. The lake is to big and I can find me another spot to catch some at. I wouldn't get in the way of anyone trying to make an honest living. The only way is if I were fishing against them and I was fishing there first.
    See ya'll on the water,
    Tim
    bassmaster

Post Thanks / Like

I might not mind giving him the spot but it is out of kindness and not obligation that I would do so.

Tournament fishing is the only sport that I know of that is done in public space. Can you imagine a football game where the fans could wander on the field or the players in the stands.

Post Thanks / Like

You think there crying now wait a few weeks when the ky lake tx starts

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 863 bassmaster View Post
    You think there crying now wait a few weeks when the ky lake tx starts
    Agree! Intentionally following a pro and trying to take his spot is an embarrassment to the state. Forget tournaments for a moment. What if I followed a weekend angler around on the lake some Saturday and took his spots. Instinctively we know this is not cool but somehow some think it is OK is a persons boat has a sponsors wrap on it.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't really pay much attention to tournaments or pro fishermen, but I sometimes do catch some of the shows on ESPN just because it's fishing and a couple of times now I've heard a pro whining to the point of being pathetic. Each time it was Aaron Martins.

Post Thanks / Like

I will give Martens credit: He is a great fisherman. However, he is the biggest CRYBABY in fishing. He acts like an absolute child on some matters. Martens should have yielded to the angler on his spot. He has enough experience fishing.....he could have found another spot easily.

Then badmouthing the poor fisherman under his breath! I wish he would have said it loud enough for the man to hear. Just goes to show what kind of character he has for others. He'll be sarcastic and hateful at a tone not loud enough for those he's addressing to hear, but will showboat in front of the camera and say what's really on his mind. When talking directly to the guys, he's just as polite as he can be..........SPEAK UP AARON!

Like I said, Martens is a great fisherman............and even better, a baby. I understand these guys fish for a living, but the "other guy" has just as much a right to be on the water. After all, he paid for his fishing license and buys his equipment -- its not given to him like the pros.

Post Thanks / Like

Tough doghnuts, Aaron. It's a 75,000 acre lake. Find another spot. Just because he's fishing for cash does not make him more important than a weekend hack like me. I work hard all week in a stressful job and work many weekends as well. Have not had a day on the lake for 3 weeks due to work. When I DO finally get out there it's "me time". And trust me, my "me time" is worth as much to me as any tournament cash is to a pro. It's how I recharge my batteries. Having said that, I do understand that these guys in the FLW and BASS are trying to make a living. If, for some odd reason, I'm on one of their honey holes and they ask very nicely I'll probably back off and let them have the spot.

One more thing, this does not apply to weekend patch pirates. Stay away. You're annoying when you move up on me acting like you're a pro.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shimano4Life View Post
    I will give Martens credit: He is a great fisherman.
    Like I said, Martens is a great fisherman............and even better, a baby. I understand these guys fish for a living, but the "other guy" has just as much a right to be on the water. After all, he paid for his fishing license and buys his equipment -- its not given to him like the pros.
    I didn't say Martens wasn't a complainer. The "other guy" does have a right to be there. BUT it has absolutely nothing to do whether or not you have a sponsor? Fact is this guy FISHES FOR A LIVING. It is how he FEEDS, clothes, and provides shelter for his family. I can't believe that most people wouldn't give up a spot if the pro had been fishing there? It is not who has a right to fish there...we all have that right...but morals or ethics plays a factor. If you kept fishing there and the pro that asked you to let him fish it because he had been fishing it....there is a possibility that in this day and time you could cause the pro to lose big money...enough money to make or break him. All of these guys are not independently wealthy, they are fortunate enough to fish for a living and to some one money place could be the difference in being able to pay their mortgage. In other words, just because of PRIDE, some folks would take a chance away for some guy trying to make an honest living by fishing. These guys are not saints as none of us are either but they deserve a chance to make a living by us not being in the way. I mean let's face it, this was one day and one spot?
    Tim
    bassmaster

Post Thanks / Like

I totally understand the moral and ethical argument at hand. We can agree to disagree on the subject. However, I'm not gonna feel sorry for someone who is going to cry about it. Martens is a coward......bad mouthing Byron Velvick under his breath at Falcon last season, now badmouthing guys like us. I would move if it were an angler that I liked.

Post Thanks / Like

The biggest difference is if you found that spot, or did you do what some of these local fools do and follow an angler around, watch him catch fish, and then purposefully go out and beat him to that spot in the morning. Huge difference and most of the time, it is one idiot local trying to go out and "beat the pro" See what happened to Jeremy Stark last year.