Search Fishin.com

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Falls

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Falls

Quote Originally Posted by JD7.62 View Post
    Its clearing for sure but I would call it muddy still, at least from way up here. Its FAR from the Chocalte milk thats been rolling through.

Also little to no debris today, at least above the dam.
    Cool, maybe I'll get my 60# tomorrow...........

Post Thanks / Like

Well fellers my fishing partners down with the butt flu today,dont know if ill make it or not.Anyone else want a river ride today?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fisheater View Post
    Well fellers my fishing partners down with the butt flu today,dont know if ill make it or not.Anyone else want a river ride today?

ME ME ME!

I dont get out of work till 520 though.

PMing you...

Post Thanks / Like

Holy moly guys! Ive been so busy at work that I hadnt even glanced at the river until just a few minutes ago. Its looks GREAT!

Water is much clearer compared to just yesterday! I cant believe it. From up here it seems just the usual river stained water.

I hope the fishing is as good as the water looks!

Post Thanks / Like

John , thanks for the call. if my partner hadnt called into work to today id be there with ya. ill get down there some day though. i need to catch one of those hogs like Chuck catches!!! LOL good luck guys.

BTW we just left a serice job over in jeffersonville and i have to say im jealous cause the water does look great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASSKING View Post
    John , thanks for the call. if my partner hadnt called into work to today id be there with ya. ill get down there some day though. i need to catch one of those hogs like Chuck catches!!! LOL good luck guys.

BTW we just left a serice job over in jeffersonville and i have to say im jealous cause the water does look great.
    Well see ya next time King.

Post Thanks / Like

How did it go guys? I saw Chuck out there and hollered at him from the bank but I think I just freaked him out. Well maybe it wasnt chuck but those beautiful golden locks shining in the setting sun was so magnificent it had to been!

Fishing for me was ok if you dont mind trash fish and MUD! It was MUDDY, i mean shin to knee deep in some places. The big heads, drum, and paddle fish were thick and you couldnt help but to snag them. I caught two big heads that were in the 30-40lb range. Fun on 10lb tackle. Got nearly spooled once. I got tired of chasing them down the river through the mud so after I landed a few fish Id just tighten down the drag and if they broke, they broke.

No hybrids or saugar for me. I did see one nice fattie hybrid in the 5-6lb range being carried out as I walked in and right before sunset a fellow next to me landed a decent 3-4lb fish. He didnt want him so I took him home and baked him (first time I had baked hybrid and it was DELISH by the way!), the fish was big enough that with a side broccoli the wife and I were full. I never saw any saugar caught but I am not surprised.

Im planning on busting out the light tackle and hitting a creek today.

onemorecast56 Guest

hey guys ,,,,butt flu here,,figures,,,how did you do? It killed me to have to make that call still aren`t over it.

Post Thanks / Like

Well boys we didn't do to bad at all. We had about 142 to 146 lb of blues in 11 fish. Chuck had 7 and I had 4 and lost a good one. Chuck caught the biggest right before I got there that was 55 lb he aslo had a fish in the 25 to 27 lb range. I had a 30 lb the rest of our fish ranged from 5 lb being the smallest up to some around 15 to 16 or so. Fun night and it was good to get out with ole Chuck it's been awhile, we had a blast as we all always do. All fish released in great shape and pics forth coming on the photo page probably be Tuesday before I get them on there but it will be of the 30 and the 55. The river was in surprisingly good shape in my opinion. We'll see all you fellars down there next time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JD7.62 View Post
    How did it go guys? I saw Chuck out there and hollered at him from the bank but I think I just freaked him out. Well maybe it wasnt chuck but those beautiful golden locks shining in the setting sun was so magnificent it had to been!

Fishing for me was ok if you dont mind trash fish and MUD! It was MUDDY, i mean shin to knee deep in some places. The big heads, drum, and paddle fish were thick and you couldnt help but to snag them. I caught two big heads that were in the 30-40lb range. Fun on 10lb tackle. Got nearly spooled once. I got tired of chasing them down the river through the mud so after I landed a few fish Id just tighten down the drag and if they broke, they broke.

No hybrids or saugar for me. I did see one nice fattie hybrid in the 5-6lb range being carried out as I walked in and right before sunset a fellow next to me landed a decent 3-4lb fish. He didnt want him so I took him home and baked him (first time I had baked hybrid and it was DELISH by the way!), the fish was big enough that with a side broccoli the wife and I were full. I never saw any saugar caught but I am not surprised.

Im planning on busting out the light tackle and hitting a creek today.
    Jason, I didn't know that was you. I usually get hollered at down by the other road by the bridge I think it's called g@y way or something LOL. WE did pretty good like Mark said and I ended up gettin my 55#er out of one of my old holes down below and not up top like I thought.It was back to back fish up there for Mark and me till I think around 7:00 and they cooled off. All in all great company, great fishin, great time. Hope we all can hook up here soon...Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Cool, maybe I'll get my 60# tomorrow...........
    If you'd a landed that fish that frieght trained you at the upper I think you would have had your 60# Mark lol...we'll gettem next time. Chuck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat12 View Post
    If you'd a landed that fish that frieght trained you at the upper I think you would have had your 60# Mark lol...we'll gettem next time. Chuck
    Heck let's sneak away now, lol.