Re: Here comes Wall

All Hail to The "Quick-Fix-Six"

#1 Rated PG in 2009
    #3 Rated PG in 2009
    #1 Rated PF in 2009
    #4 Rated C in 2009
    The Top Rated JUCO in America
    The Top Player in KY and a Top 50 Player

If that's not the best recruiting job in the history of college basketball ever done in 3 months, I'll kiss your arse.

My sincere thanks go out to: THE GEORGIA BULLDOGS

If they hadn't come into Rupp as the last place team in conference and whipped us earlier this year, we'd still be grinding it out with "Shooter" at the helm and hearing about how we "really really really really need to play harder if we don't want to get whipped some more next year."

John Calipari for Mayor...no, Governor...no, President...no, Pope...no, MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrSplitshot View Post
    All Hail to The "Quick-Fix-Six"

#1 Rated PG in 2009
    #3 Rated PG in 2009
    #1 Rated PF in 2009
    #4 Rated C in 2009
    The Top Rated JUCO in America
    The Top Player in KY and a Top 50 Player

If that's not the best recruiting job in the history of college basketball ever done in 3 months, I'll kiss your arse.

My sincere thanks go out to: THE GEORGIA BULLDOGS

If they hadn't come into Rupp as the last place team in conference and whipped us earlier this year, we'd still be grinding it out with "Shooter" at the helm and hearing about how we "really really really really need to play harder if we don't want to get whipped some more next year."

John Calipari for Mayor...no, Governor...no, President...no, Pope...no, MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE!!!!

I'm really NOT a cats fan..........but they will be FUN to watch again.

AND yes, this Hoosier does occasionally watch U of L and UK........CAN I say those 3 in the same sentence.

I actually think all 3 teams.........IU, UK and U of L will be VERY good in the future.......

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Exciting indeed! Went to a hospital today to survey a job and was there to meet with a few guys...guess what they were doing? Glued to the computer reading all the sites on Wall. This place is buzzin!

Post Thanks / Like

Alright guys I don't want to be a buzz kill because this recruiting job is unreal for sure but here's some concerns.
    Wall doesn't think school work is very important and at this point in time he is not academically eligible to play. Neither is Damarcus Cousins, did you guys know that?
    Now will these young men buckle down and do what's needed to play basketball and get an education? Will the University just walse them through with Basketweiving 101 like they had done for them in their Highschools?
    Also Walls is an Alan Iverson type and has had trouble off the court, some say he's a first class punk.

I have no dog in this fight and ......NO...... I'm not saying these things because I'm jealous, this is just food for thought because this is what Calipari attracts, time will tell, I'll be watching.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    Alright guys I don't want to be a buzz kill because this recruiting job is unreal for sure but here's some concerns.
    Wall doesn't think school work is very important and at this point in time he is not academically eligible to play. Neither is Damarcus Cousins, did you guys know that?
    Now will these young men buckle down and do what's needed to play basketball and get an education? Will the University just walse them through with Basketweiving 101 like they had done for them in their Highschools?
    Also Walls is an Alan Iverson type and has had trouble off the court, some say he's a first class punk.

I have no dog in this fight and ......NO...... I'm not saying these things because I'm jealous, this is just food for thought because this is what Calipari attracts, time will tell, I'll be watching.
    Like I said.......KY of old.......

1 or 2 good years........and 20 years of probation.......JUST what KY needs.

BUT hey, I can't say Indiana is any better...........hiring Sampson and all.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post

Don't know anything about the attitude of Wall, but he is a fantastic player. That being said, the last thing I have read is that Wall, Cousins and Bledsoe have yet to qualify. That doesn't mean they won't, but they haven't yet.

Post Thanks / Like

it was in the lexington paper today that bledsoe was now elegible........how long do the others have to be eligible? it would be bad to sign all those guys and none of them get to play, while sending a few others out the door.

Post Thanks / Like

That's fair mhall, but they'll be eligible - I'm not worried. They will do what's necessary to play basketball, but I guarantee you that they will not get an education. As much as college basketball is about an education, it's not.

I had class with a few of the basketball players years ago when I was at UK, and let me tell ya boys, some of them didn't have the sense to come in out of the rain. UK or any other college isn't sending coaches across the country on private jets to talk to them about how they can increase the overall average GPA at the university.

The way I look at it...The bottom line is that to cut down nets you need the very best talent on the floor...that doesn't necessarily mean the nicest guys, the academic all-americans, or the choir boys. Hell, some of these incoming guys I've seen interviewed talk like they can barely spell their name. If you put John Wall and Eric Bledsoe together in an empty room with an encyclopedia set, you could sell tickets to the show. It's about basketball, basketball skills, and the ability to compete on the court. Basketball kids these days, from high school to the NBA, are a breed of their own. As long as Cal can get them making some grades and staying out of trouble off the court, the level of competition on the court should be stellar. Cal did a fine job putting Memphis on the map and they aren't on probation. He knows he's under a microscope at Kentucky, and he's not going to take a chance on ruining his Camelot by cheating. He will do it clean. Cal is a heck of a coach who embraces the NBA and wants to coach the kids that want to become professional ballers. He's a stepping stone and a springboard for them into the pros, simple as that, and he'll reap what benefits he can from them in his system while they are here.
    Me personally, I hate the NBA and don't watch a minute of it until the playoffs, but that is what the kids strive to be these days.

With Tubby we got a lot of "project" kids that needed a ton of development with not much reward. You aren't going to be an elite program with those guys.

The rest of the college basketball world is going to get tired of seeing Kentucky blue and Coach Cal on ESPN every other breath, if they aren't already...and I, for one, love it. We have been irrelevant for several years, and it's time for another run at the top of the heap. Did we buy our way back into the game by laying down the jack for a coach like Calipari? Absolutely. It is what it is. At this point, I'm buying what the dude is selling though...

Post Thanks / Like

Nice post Splitshot and I think you are spot on with your comments. Probably got alot of one year guys on this coming team but hey, they are gonna be the bomb right off the bat, too much talent not to be. All the major hoop sources now rate UK with the overall number one recruit class in the nation now, WOW, what a turn around.

Post Thanks / Like

Wonder how ole' Billy G. feels? Prolly kinda foolish and learned a lesson he won't soon forget.

Post Thanks / Like

Who, Billy? It's 11AM, so right now I'd say he feels a little dizzy and discombobulated...possibly the dry heaves...wishes everyone around him would quit talking so loud...