Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Angry Launch fee violation at Barren ????

I fished a tournament at Barren Saturday 5/16 that launched from the Narrows and when I returned had a ticket on my window for not paying a launch fee. I looked around and did not see a "courtesy box" or any signage telling me where to pay the fee. Unless I missed something this is a load of crap ! The ticket said they woud forgive the ticket if I purchased a annual pass. Has anyone else had this happen and/or did I miss some posted sign that said there is a launch fee that had to be paid ?? Is a launch fee required at all the ramps at Barren ? Any help is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Launch fee violation at Barren ????

the pay box and envelopes were at the top of ramp on the left as you look down the ramp, I think it is 3.00 we were their also

Post Thanks / Like

At the Narrows the fee box is on the left hand side of the ramp, at the top of the hill on the walkway going the the restrooms.

Post Thanks / Like

In my haste and just not looking for it I missed it. The only ramp I have launched from in the past is the State Park ramp and from what I am now told there is no fee there because it is state owned and operated vs. the Narrows which is operated by the COE.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a ticket after putting money in the envelope, filling it out with name, license plate #, etc, and putting it in the box, because the receipt sticker fell off the windshield and onto the floorboard. Evidently they don't bother checking the paid envelopes, before isssuing tickets, but just look for the tear off on the windshields.

Just get an envelope and put the tear off on your windshield, and throw the envelope in the trash.

Post Thanks / Like

I know someone that does exactly that. Says he hasn't paid the fee ever. Don't know if I have the intestinal fortitude to do that. I would worry the whole day that my truck was impounded.

Post Thanks / Like

The Narrows has two big orange flags on the left side before entering the ramp from the parking lot. Just look for the orange flags and you will see the pay box.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apextrail View Post
    I know someone that does exactly that. Says he hasn't paid the fee ever. Don't know if I have the intestinal fortitude to do that. I would worry the whole day that my truck was impounded.
    Its 3 bucks who would be a cheap ass and not pay!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mayracing View Post
    Its 3 bucks who would be a cheap ass and not pay!!!
    I only carry my debit card and had no cash and did it once, just tear and put on dash, but the next time I put 6 bucks in it, you know they had to think either I was stupid or couldn't read.