Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess Guantanamo isn't so bad after all.

The senate just voted 90 - 6 to NOT to close Guantanamo. I guess the Leftists just lost one.....

Actually......they voted to NOT fund the closure.........sounds familiar.......

I wonder how much press this will get on NBC, CBS, ABC tonight......

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I guess Guantanamo isn't so bad after all.

Nice spin. Heard it on NPR yesterday. Senate Democrats dropped the $80 million in new funding for closing Gitmo and wanted a clear plan from Obama before any prisoners are moved. I don't see a problem with that. No sense in trying to close it without a clear plan. Still gotta figure out what to do with the people there, some of whom likely did not belong there in the first place.

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having too much fun watching Nancy Pelosi get grilled to pay attention to Gitmo. Nothing gets her doing the crack addict twitch like getting caught in a bald faced lie. I wasn't much of a Paneta fan, but I like him better now. The guy had the cojones to stand up for his CIA organization very publicly, and that's gotta count for something.

Now, if only Barney Frank would open his mouth for something besides eating 'franks'...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apb View Post
    Nice spin. Heard it on NPR yesterday. Senate Democrats dropped the $80 million in new funding for closing Gitmo and wanted a clear plan from Obama before any prisoners are moved. I don't see a problem with that. No sense in trying to close it without a clear plan. Still gotta figure out what to do with the people there, some of whom likely did not belong there in the first place.

Andrew
    Also a nice spin. They do need to figure out what to do with the people there, MOST of which do belong there, or some place far worse.

NPR, the only unbiased news source left. I like Click and Clack, or Garrison Keillor and The Tales from Lake Wobegone better than their news.
    Last edited by Devils Horse; 05-20-2009 at 04:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Devils Horse View Post
    I'm having too much fun watching Nancy Pelosi get grilled to pay attention to Gitmo. Nothing gets her doing the crack addict twitch like getting caught in a bald faced lie. I wasn't much of a Paneta fan, but I like him better now. The guy had the cojones to stand up for his CIA organization very publicly, and that's gotta count for something.

Now, if only Barney Frank would open his mouth for something besides eating 'franks'...
    LOL!!

Post Thanks / Like

Also a nice spin. They do need to figure out what to do with the people there, MOST of which do belong there, or some place far worse....
    I agree, most do belong there. Its those few who should not have been in there in the first place and what to do with them now. Those actually taken from the battle field or whom we have very good evidence against who are terrorists, a bullet and a quick burial would be fine by me.

btw, I noted the NPR source as it is most often equated with leaning to the left. They reported the same thing that Geo did, a day before. Its Geo I'm worried about. Seems his stories are always anti-left or pro-extreme right. Talk about biased

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Lead story this evening on NBC news was Gitmo. ****, Fox must have taken them over or something

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Also a nice spin. They do need to figure out what to do with the people there, MOST of which do belong there, or some place far worse.

NPR, the only unbiased news source left. I like Click and Clack, or Garrison Keillor and The Tales from Lake Wobegone better than their news.
    CHECK your sources.....the vote happened today........

They might have discussed it yesterday........BUT the vote was today.

AND fyi.........I listen to NPR every DAY..............I don't agree with a lot of it, but I do listen.

Just like I hold my nose and watch Oberman, and watch Curic, and Brian Willaims, and that GAS BAG Larry KING, and LOTS of others.

I like fox news........but I HATE some of there commentators........

I HATE MSNBC, but like some of there commentators.

I HATE CBS, and HATE all their commentators...........

CLEAR.

Later,

Geo

Post Thanks / Like

The senator from Utah took a group over to tour Gitmo and all it's going's on. After returning and the Press conference was scheduled the members of the European Parliament that attented asked that they not be part of the press conference. When asked why they said if they reported the truth about Gitmo they would be ousted from their seats in Parliament. According to them it was to nice and all that the Europeans believe about the so called evil place was untrue and that really it was darn nice. Interrogation rooms were like nice waiting rooms in doctors office's.

Also the senator said that all the prisoners in Gitmo are poor ole goat herders according to them. Even though 90 plus percent of them upon capture was in possession of hundreds of US dollars, explosive devices, guns, intelligence maps ect. Just what every Goat herder needs to be successful.

WAKE UP LIBERALS, WAKE UP!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    ....WAKE UP LIBERALS, WAKE UP!
    We are plenty awake, thank you. Note that a whole lot of dems sided with the repubs on this one. One of the biggest things I saw in the news report yesterday was that no one wanted any terrorists from Gitmo here in a states. They also wanted to see a full plan for what was to be done with all of the detanees before they would authorize any funding. I don't have a problem with that.

I think everyone is in agreement that MOST of the detanees that are being held there are there for good reasons and should never see the light of day again. My problem is with the few folks who are there who should never have been there in the first place. You ready to toss inocent people aside?

Andrew

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone remember what Barry said about Gitmo during his Magical Mystery Election Tour? Was he closing it or gonna look into it? Serious question....crs kicking in.

Post Thanks / Like

Closing it.

Andrew