Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

wheres it gonna be.....

Won at when the elites roll into town in a week and a half? paris like kvd did ,mid ky lake,n. or s. barkley deep or shallow a mixture of both maybe .lets here it guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: wheres it gonna be.....

I guess it depends on if the fish have moved to the ledges. I'm coming down on May 27th-30 and am interested to know what the fish are doing too. I would think that some are still shallow, but the pros almost always fish the structure at KY.

Post Thanks / Like

I would think the ledge bite should be starting but the secondary points and channel banks in the bays may be hot and a zara spook/buzzbait bite may be strong.

Post Thanks / Like

Could be...and i hope so! That is always lots of fun! My bet is the Elite series is won on a combination of crankin and throwing football head jigs on/off ledges. Do you think the islands north of Paris, or the humps south of there will be any good?

Post Thanks / Like

I believe with all the complaining of locals poaching spots that most of the guys will run as far as those islands I just don,t think they will be out that far.

Post Thanks / Like

So you think most of the fish are still up shallow???? Around points and coves???

Post Thanks / Like

Just my guess, but I would be willing to bet that it will be far south and deeper.

I would say that a great deal of fish are still up shallow, or transitioning to deeper water. However, I would think to get a solid limit of quality fish that it will take to win this tournament, odds are better finding some deeper structure.

Post Thanks / Like

They are calling for some heavey rains coming up this weekend and next week, if that lake gets high then it could be a shallow ole school bushes bite.

Post Thanks / Like

My dad and son are down there now near paris and there catching fish either right on the buck brush or 5ft off dead sticking a lizard or ultravibe speed worm.

Post Thanks / Like

I am going to say that it will be won on South Barkley and the winner will be doing something completely different than everyone fishing ledges.

Post Thanks / Like

Just read where the TN portion of Barkley is "off limits" to the Elite anglers due to an 18" smallmouth limit. My bet would be it will be won on the ledges South of Paris.

On another note....I've spoken to (2) guys that said they are still whacking them in the backs of the bays and that they both saw fish still on the beds today???? I'm usually in the middle of the lake by now, but I guess I'll try some shallow stuff in the morning.