Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

barren condition

just wonder if anyone has been to barren this week. fishing tournment sun. haven't been up there since last month. any ideas would be helpful if willing to share

Post Thanks / Like

Re: barren condition

I,ll been watching your post all week and hoping to hear something because I'll going to Barren in the monring at first light. Old Buddy I,ll give ya a report when I get back.

Post Thanks / Like

had a buddy go today they had no keepers fish were scattered hoping someone else might had a little better luck

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know a thing but I'll going way up a creek at first light and start with a frog and go from there. thinking maybe after the sun gets up I'll try my old green lizard off a rock wall.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry I can,t help ya any, got to Beaver Creek ramp this monring and my battery was flat. Try to jump it and no good. Went to the barn to do other things, and put in a new battery in the boat. Will try in the monring or Monday.
    Good Luck

Post Thanks / Like

I went last week to browns ford and caught 4, but all were 2.5 to 4 lb fish. Fished with brush hogs and spinnerbaits. Fish seemed to be scattered around pretty good. Lake had a good color to it. Hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like

Heading to Barren tomorrow. Will post when we get back. Wish us luck.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

fished sunday seem that fished were scattered everywhere just had to hit them in the nose

Post Thanks / Like

that's the way it was today, try a little of everything but all the fish i caught were 7 to 10 .deep very close to cover on a lizard. Fishing it as slow as i could. The hits were very light.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Sat through Tuesday and had decent luck. Caught several nice bass on top water and had a couple real decent ones break me off. Experimented with some different line and lesson learned. Fish I caught were shallow (close to deeper water) and they were caught on a slow moving chug bug/pop r. Could not get them to touch soft plastics or a jig and had to be real patient with the top water but they were aggressive when they decided to strike. I pulled the hooks from deep in their gullet several times. Water fell a half a foot a day the whole time I was there and seemed pretty clear.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry it took me a few days to get to this, been real busy....however, we did hit Barren this last memorial day Monday. We had a great day, and boated several keepers, largest around 4 lbs. We went up Skaggs and hit all the coves and creeks we came across. What seemed to work for us was heading to the backs of the coves were the water was around 7-9ft deep. We threw cranks that dove around 4-6 ft, and had the most luck on sexy shad and bluegill patterned cranks. We hit the first cove, and I limitted out in about 10 min! It was fast and furious! I would say I would have ended up with a 15-16lb bag. Lots of fun. I also caught two hybrids while cranking that each went around 4lbs. Man they fight! The water looked great, and the debry was minimal. Hoping to head back out this next week. Good luck to all!

-Rich