Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Eagle Creek Rant

I didn't realized that it's a "City Park" and not a state park. My annual entrance pass isn't valid there because it's for state park only. What kind of garbage is that?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eagle Creek Rant

Quote Originally Posted by idbefishing View Post
    I didn't realized that it's a "City Park" and not a state park. My annual entrance pass isn't valid there because it's for state park only. What kind of garbage is that?
    Totally different animals. Just like I can't use my State Parks annual pass to get into the National Forest lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

That lake is as clikish as highschool.The two guy's who run the gate are fish nazis.the older tall guy sold me my $90 pass and was a d$ck about it and hassles me everytime I come in.the shorter guy is cooler but none the less thinks he is the eagle of the creek.I talked to 3 different guy's there that only bought the launch sticker for $45 bucks and not the "park pass combo" for $90.As for the guy on the other post saying he would'nt go back with his tube is crazy,our tax dollars pay the state to stock that lake and he is useing a "legal sportfishing method" and has every right to be there or any other body of water stocked by theThey also told me if I buy a new truck or boat I have to buy a new sticker!!I love the lake but those two need to go.I'm going to contact the state.Mexicans can swim on the ramp but a guy can't use his tube?just my 2 cents.

Post Thanks / Like

$90 ? That's way more then the state annual entrance+launch. I only wanted to enter the park because I missed the turn on Lafayette rd. from 71st st. I thought it might be quicker to get to 56th st. if I cut thru the park. Needless to say, I went around it. I wonder if they get any funding from the state. Maybe they get none of it, that's why they have to charge so much.
    "our tax dollars pay the state to stock that lake" and we have to pay extra to get in because it's "a city park".

Post Thanks / Like

$90 ? That's way more then the state annual entrance+launch. I only wanted to enter the park because I missed the turn on Lafayette rd. from 71st st. I thought it might be quicker to get to 56th st. if I cut thru the park. Needless to say, I went around it. I wonder if they get any funding from the state. Maybe they get none of it, that's why they have to charge so much.
    "our tax dollars pay the state to stock that lake" and we have to pay extra to get in because it's "a city park".
    Eli lilly built the complex,when he died they donated it to purdue and they couln't handle it from what I understand so they gave it to the city of indy.I'm pretty sure indy doesn't have stock ponds to keep it up.Go to the DNR website and look at the eagle creek stocking records and that proves it.They bhave been getting away with this for a looooong time,and no one looks at it because they can't run their ski boats on it.The $ailer$ and $cullers are the lookie-loo of the the lake and we pay for it.I don't see any stickers on their boats and there are maybe 300 of the total.Our own little 9.9 giest.