Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

Looking to start a Federation Nation Club

I was in a Federation club several years back, when the club sorta split up, and I never re-joined another club. Long story short, I got stuck in the "real world" after college and didn't really fish a lot anymore. Well the fever never really went away, it just hibernated for a while! With my job now I have very flexible hours, so a lot more time to fish. Anyway, back on subject...

I have seen a few clubs with a bit of a web presence, but can't find much, so I'd like to start my own. The problem is so far it's just me! Here is what I want this club to be about... serious tournament fishing. I want to be in a club full of guys (and/or gals) who want to compete at a higher level than just a club tournament. It doesn't really matter if the state level is as far as you want to go, or if you are chasing the dream of fishing the Elite Series, just as long as your competitive nature, talent, and drive push you to do more than club tourneys with only 15 competitors.

The purpose of this club would be to learn from each other, and help each other reach that higher level, or finish higher in the standings at their current level. My vision is for several club members to be fishing the same tournaments, pre-fishing together, and working together to develop patterns for those tournaments. No selfish ego's! Boaters and non-boaters alike are welcome. I myself am a non-boater for the time being, but will have a boat by next spring at the latest.

Reply to this thread if this sounds like the type of club you'd like to be a part of!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking to start a Federation Nation Club

it sounds like you want to have a club that fishes a tournament trail and doesn't have club tournaments amd want to limit the membership to 8 so everyone would be automatically eigible for the IBFN State Championship.
    What trails do you have in mind ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking to start a Federation Nation Club

We would still have club tournaments. Most would probably be scheduled the week before BFL's or other tournaments as a means to pre-fish. I would also not limit the number of members. 8 would certainly be a good start so that we could fish the Top 8.

I have fished a few BFL tournaments as a non-boater, but am really looking forward to fishing them as a boater. I also plan on fishing the LBL Division of the BFL tournaments, and probably some of the Bassmaster Weekend Series events. Eventually (depending on finances, and my performance on those trails) I'd like to move up to regional tournaments such as the Stren Series and the Bassmaster Opens. My personal goal is to be competitive at the highest level I can be. It's one thing to qualify for and fish the Elite Series or the FLW Tour, but if I always finished way down, to me it wouldn't be worth it, even if financially I could make it work. I want to be competitive and have a chance to win.

Also forgot to mention we would be based out of Indianapolis.