Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

What does KY think of Tele-Check?

What do you KY hunters think of tele-check? Indiana is reviewing the possibility for this. Just curious of your thoughts?

Any other states with it please chime in as well...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What does KY think of Tele-Check?

i think its alright, but i miss the days when everyone was at the local check station checking in deer or hanging out to see the deer other hunters brought in.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree LiL Skeeter, I also miss the days of the local check stations, but tele ck is easier but I belive it leads to a lot of unchecked in deer and over limits but so did the other, It is better than having to drive to the ck in station but some of the fun and comrodery is gone.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the above I am from a small town and miss the days of hunting in the morning and the running into town to the local gun store/check station and seeing the deer people harvested and the stories of the one that got away.

chris

Post Thanks / Like

I hate it, it is an open door to poaching. I have the same views as Jim Strader on this deal and have supported his voice against it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    I hate it, it is an open door to poaching.
    How?

Post Thanks / Like

I think telecheck is the future, but I too miss the days of going to the local check station and looking at what everybody else has.

Telecheck has some flaws that need to be ironed out, but I doubt anymore deer are being poached now than were during the check station days. What I would like to see is the telecheck ask more questions such as if you have a buck, estimated weight, inside spread etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mhall View Post
    I hate it, it is an open door to poaching. I have the same views as Jim Strader on this deal and have supported his voice against it.

I guess I don't understand on how it "opens the door" to poaching.

The person that fails to take to a check-in station is a poacher.
    The person that fails to call it in is a poacher.

Two types of systems and both have poachers

I understand you're etitled to your opinion.

As far as Jim Strader goes he loves "stirring the pot" and the KY F&G can do nothing right in his eyes.
    Last edited by Hoosier Hunter; 06-12-2009 at 06:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Some love it, some hate it. Saves the dept a bunch of money and gives them better data, so that has to help us in the long run. I never enjoyed the check-in stations at mini-marts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fishincreek View Post
    Some love it, some hate it. Saves the dept a bunch of money and gives them better data, so that has to help us in the long run. I never enjoyed the check-in stations at mini-marts.
    Better data, that's funny right there. There were people bagging 7 and 8 deer last year under the same social security number.
    Dead people are on record the last two years for taking deer.
    It's to lengthy to go into what all is wrong with this call in your deer thing but here is one that aught to just jump out at ya.
    Mulitiple Doe's can be taken in some zones with purchased extra tags. Lots and I mean lots of bucks some of them big bicks are being tagged as Doe's. Once the deer is cut up there is no way for law enforcement to find out. Did this kinda thing go on before....sure it did, but it's running wild now I promise you it is.
    Do your own homework on this and if you don't find more flaws and cons to Pro's you got blinders on.
    Last edited by mhall; 06-15-2009 at 06:32 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Also check into what the pro's think. Almost every Deer Guru in North America are animately against the telecheck systems.
    Gassett and his underlings wants the deer numbers down, so instead of doing it right and making the laws more liberal, i.e....allowing more deer to be taken in given overpopulated areas they do this crap, turn a blind eye and let the deer maggetts do the rest.
    I live in Oldham County and manage a farm that is considered one of the top ten spots with a 5 thousand acre watershed that it connects to for numbers in the state. This was told to me by one of the top biologist on the KDFWR payroll so it's not conjecture on my part. What's my point.......We don't even have a freaking Game Warden and haven't had a steady one since Glenn Watson retired 6 or so years ago. I see poaching at it's finest boys and I see it often. When I have brought it to Frankfort's attention I get.........Oh well. what do you want us to do, we are out of money. Please,..... we have a good deer herd but Gassett is a Georgia guy who knows next to nothing about Deer and pressure from Insurance companies and land owners with money having taken the front seat.
    I to think we have too many deer in some locations, I get crop damage permits and we whack the crap out of Doe's. We fiercly manage our bucks for trophy's, and get our share, what the deer maggett poachers don't get.
    With telecheck some of these guys, everybody in the family gets a nice buck.
    Grandma 85 years old gets 150 inch buck.
    5 year old son gets a nice buck.
    The wife gets a buck
    The dog gets a buck, lol. If they have to show up somewhere and show their face it at least is somewhat of a deterant, not much but a little anyway.

Post Thanks / Like

after reading what MHALL had to say, i no longer think its alright, i think it *****. never really thought about it as an open door, but i guess its easier to lie to a computer than to look someone in the eye at a check station, and to get that 5 year old to be excited and not tell who really shot that buck. ive never really been a big buck hunter, but when i decide to take my buck, i dont think twice about it and know that my buck hunting is over for the year and if i havent already, i try to harvest my doe, which sometimes, the few times i can go, i have to work just as hard to get that done. opening weekend is now opening weekend for my 13 year old if he doesnt get it done on the youth weekend, which has been the case the last three years. you wouldnt believe the number of shots during youth weekend that are long before legal light and it makes me sick to think that some kid just got introduced to the ways of the poacher. like i said, i think it ***** now. didnt mean to bore you with my little rant. later