Search Fishin.com

Post Thanks / Like

The Kids fishing derby, wolf creek

Well my grandaughters have packed and unpacked their tackle boxes at least four times, getting ready for the 6th of June The camper is packed line on the rods have been replaced. and now their favorite baits are getting kind of hard to find. They are ready the newly installed sixth grader has spotted this 9ft jigging rod that is only 60 dollars or so she knows with that graphite wonder she could rig up her bait and reach out to the middle and just jig her the big trout this year she has been in the top 10 four times and in the top 4 one time, so if Poppy would just give her an early birthday present and she has the bleeding hook tipped with her own secret bait she will get it this time. The derby is on Saturday morning the kids love it every one of them gets a trophy and there are lots of extra fish released, you almost have to try not to catch a fish. it is a great day and it free fishing for every one this weekend so even if you can not get to the derby man take the kids out. plan on fun and games keep it light and think more about fishing for fun and less than fishing for fish. I promise a fun day on the water will make memories that will be forever on their mind. find a blue gill pond or wade a shallow creek but make it fun for them, I bet you still remember something that you and mom and dad did out there fishing and how it hooked you on a sport that is so much fun, exercise and adventure that you are still looking forward to the next trip. So summer is here keep the life jackets ready and use them, if your a boater slow down the fish do not go much over 55mph. Have a good summer play safe share the love and see you on the water.

Poppy aka Dennis

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Kids fishing derby, wolf creek

Have fun Dennis, this is extremely well run and the kids turn out in groves, you guys will have a blast. Good day to you and the youngun's...

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Re: The Kids fishing derby, wolf creek

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppy View Post
    it is a great day and it free fishing for every one this weekend so even if you can not get to the derby man take the kids out. plan on fun and games keep it light and think more about fishing for fun and less than fishing for fish. I promise a fun day on the water will make memories that will be forever on their mind. find a blue gill pond or wade a shallow creek but make it fun for them, I bet you still remember something that you and mom and dad did out there fishing and how it hooked you on a sport that is so much fun, exercise and adventure that you are still looking forward to the next trip.
    Poppy aka Dennis

+ 1