Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Sun Valley Golf Course (Louisville, KY)

Here are a few pics from my myspace page of some bass that I have caught out of the water hazard at Sun Valley Golf Course in Louisville. The first pic is of a 6lb 2oz bass I caught up there. Some big ones in there.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=33621111

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=15570755

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=20779214

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=30105406

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=30105894

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sun Valley Golf Course (Louisville, KY)

Nice! There are a few golf courses around here that I would like to hit as well. In general, is it legal to fish these?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    Nice! There are a few golf courses around here that I would like to hit as well. In general, is it legal to fish these?
    Nope but the fishing is fantastic!!!!Been kicked out of several when i was younger.Huge bass and crappie at Quail Chase i know of but the golfers will get your butt kicked out in a hurry.Great 10-15 minutes of fun though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fisheater View Post
    Nope but the fishing is fantastic!!!!Been kicked out of several when i was younger.Huge bass and crappie at Quail Chase i know of but the golfers will get your butt kicked out in a hurry.Great 10-15 minutes of fun though.
    John I grew up right off of symrna rd and i have seen a dead bass in the big pond up there at quail chase that had to have weighed 10lbs or better. have been kicked out a few times myself

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up on Cooper Chapel.I used to sneak in there with an inline spinner and would darn near catch a bass over 2lbs on every single cast until they invited me to leave.

Post Thanks / Like

It's legal to fish at Sun Valley, me and a few friends do it all the time no one ever says a word we just try our best to stay out of the golfers way and don't leave any trash. Only signs up about fishing just say don't eat the carp out of the pound. It's tough I will tell you that, I went this evening up there and didn't get a bite. You could go up there for a month straight and not get a bite then all of a sudden one day tear them up it's really weird. The water is very muddy, most of those bass in my pics were caught up there between Nov-Dec on a rattle trap. Seems the fall/winter is the best up there.

Post Thanks / Like

I love fishing golf course ponds. I use to live in Glenn Oaks and if I used live blue gills for bait, I could almost bet on catching a 4lb+ fish on any given day.

Ive always thought it would be interesting to have a fishing tounarment on a golf course. Instead of boats we have golf carts. Make it a day just for fisherman and close it from the public like they would any other golf tournament. Charge an entry fee like a golf tourney and the club will lose no money. I think it would be something fun to do that many people would participate in and it could go for a good cause like a charity or something too.

Only problem would be keeping fish alive for the weigh in.

Id gladly fork out some money to participate in such a tournament thats for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

I always take a rod and reel when I golf at quail chase, and have caught some nice bass. Just make a couple cast every time we are around the lake, and then go back to golf.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JD7.62 View Post
    I love fishing golf course ponds. I use to live in Glenn Oaks and if I used live blue gills for bait, I could almost bet on catching a 4lb+ fish on any given day.

Ive always thought it would be interesting to have a fishing tounarment on a golf course. Instead of boats we have golf carts. Make it a day just for fisherman and close it from the public like they would any other golf tournament. Charge an entry fee like a golf tourney and the club will lose no money. I think it would be something fun to do that many people would participate in and it could go for a good cause like a charity or something too.

Only problem would be keeping fish alive for the weigh in.

Id gladly fork out some money to participate in such a tournament thats for sure!
    That would be great! I think I saw a format like that on t.v. once. I think Cahrlie Moore? Maybe it was at Disney but either way it would be a nice change.
    Each hole just needs a weigh master to document the fish and then release it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DJD View Post
    That would be great! I think I saw a format like that on t.v. once. I think Cahrlie Moore? Maybe it was at Disney but either way it would be a nice change.
    Each hole just needs a weigh master to document the fish and then release it.

That sounds look a good solution to that problem.

Now, is any one real friendly with some one that runs a golf course?

I wouldnt mind getting with a couple people and getting an intiative together to get something like this rolling, I think it could be a good idea, especially if gas prices shoot up again this summer.

It could offer non boaters an entry it to some fun tournement fishing and it could be a cheaper alternative to people with boats. Besides, the thought of zipping around a golf course on a golf cart with my fishing gear and a couple cold beers darn nearly makes me giggle like a little school girl!

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=DJD;370891]That would be great! I think I saw a format like that on t.v. once. I think Cahrlie Moore? Maybe it was at Disney but either way it would be a nice change.

That Charlie Moore show was great. Some guy challenged him to a fish-off down in Florida, and didn't show....so Charlie started just stopping by local ponds and any body of water he could find. He was pulling out some nice bass! That is, until people ran him off, then he would head to the next pond, private or not, he didn't care.

I remember a golf course down in Richmond, Ky...the one that is right next to Lake Reba. I used to walk through the park and into the golf course. There was this one pond that was killer with a popper. Fun stuff.

-Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Is it still good?

Ik it's been a few years..does SV still have some big ones?