Search Fishin.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Your favorite night-fishing line???

I have been using Berkley Trilene Maxx Photochromic for years, but I think I have been missing a lot of bites due to the heavier line not being very sensitive.

I'm looking to make a switch, so I was hoping maybe you guys could put me on some hybrids (I use clear and green YoZuri Hybrid) that will show up well under a blacklight. I'm looking for something more sensitive than what I'm using right now. I would just like to get some input from some fellas that have a preference, or that have found some great night-fishing lines. Thank you in advance for any help provided.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Your favorite night-fishing line???

i like to use fluorocarbon at night instead of being able to see my line i go by feel. but when i would use a black light i would use p-line cx fluor/blue and it would look like a rope in the water and is pretty sinsitive to.

Post Thanks / Like

trilene xl in 17 lto 20lb test clear blue shows up great on my moonlites but I don,t know if berkley big game flippin is still around but thats good also.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had my best luck with 20lb P-line cxx. Works real good for me. I go down to 15lb when I fish real shallow. I'd like to find something just as strong and sensitive but with less memory. Haven't yet though. I stick with the tried and true.

Post Thanks / Like

Used to use Berkley xl but had too many break offs. I'm glad a changed to and now use Sufix Elite 12-20lb. It has good sensitivity, very abrasion resistant, and shows up on the blacklight very well. Best of all, don't have the break off problems I had with the Berkley.

Justin Hires
    www.USABassin.com

Post Thanks / Like

14# or 17# Fluorescent Blue Gamma High Performance Copolymer is my choice of night line. Shows up pretty good in the blacklight and fishes similar to the P-Line without the memory IMO. I generally use this on most of my baitcasters at night but on some of them and all my spinning reels I put Berkley Fireline in Flame Green. Some people worry about the fireline being to visible at night but I use it at Dale and Cumberland in real clear water without any trouble. Wore some smallies out at Cumberland Sunday and Monday night using that fireline.

Post Thanks / Like

P-line Cx premium. Sensitive and thin diameter.

Post Thanks / Like

I have always used the Berkley photochromic in whichever name it is under at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

Same here when it comes to the photochromic.

Post Thanks / Like

I like Stren blue/flo for under the blacklight shows up great , decent for abrasion resistance and the price is right also

I use other lines (flouro, braids etc. ) for several applications but for under the blacklight it's tough to beat Stren IMHO

Post Thanks / Like

I've heard several people give possitive reviews on Yo-zuri hybrid smoke puple. I would like to try it, but can't find it with out ordering it.
    I am using P-line at the moment and until I run up on this stuff (locally) I guess I'll stay with the P-line.
    I did consider the flame green Fire line, but read that it stains easily, the dirtier the water the less visible the line....???
    I would like to get away from the heavier P-line though.

Stoner

Post Thanks / Like

Golly, here we go again on line BUT I use P-line on everything but I also only use 10 lb test at most till saturday when I needed new line didn't have any and Had to use the old mans P-line in 17 Lb test. It was great except it was too strong to break off when i got hung up!